PDA

View Full Version : Giga is costing me money...

AlphaWice
06-26-2005, 01:38 AM
KK on button, one limper MP, 3x raise, blinds fold, MP calls, even stacked. (pot = 750)

flop Kd 5d 6c, autochecked to me, i minbet 100, raised to 200 by him, i move all in for 800 more, called

with Qc Td, made runner runner

comment

flyingmoose
06-26-2005, 01:41 AM
What does a bad beat post have to do with Gigabet?

AlphaWice
06-26-2005, 02:07 AM
he calls with a runner runner draw. (3 flush, 2 unders to the King over card on the board, runner runner straight draw)

suited_ace
06-26-2005, 02:18 AM
This is still a bad beat post. You should be glad he called you.

the_joker
06-26-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
comment

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't post bad beat's.

Benholio
06-26-2005, 02:27 AM
If Gigabet could make everyone call in this situation, he wouldn't be costing you money... the bad beat is costing you money.. and STT respect!

Oluwafemi
06-26-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is still a bad beat post. You should be glad he called you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You should be glad he called you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i could'nt disagree more. the only way i would be glad he called here is if my hand held up. it did'nt happen that way, so i don't understand the logic in saying he should be glad the guy called.

benfranklin
06-26-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i could'nt disagree more. the only way i would be glad he called here is if my hand held up. it did'nt happen that way, so i don't understand the logic in saying he should be glad the guy called.

[/ QUOTE ]

May I suggest:

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/7130000/7133946.gif

Sabrazack
06-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Now this seems to be the purest form of result orientation. Please do continue down this path, it will make me alot of money over the long run.

Phoenix1010
06-26-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now this seems to be the purest form of result orientation. Please do continue down this path, it will make me alot of money over the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression he was joking.

Also, words cannot express how infuriating I find this recent rash of crappy no content posts that name drop Gigabet for no clear reason. This hand has nothing to with Gigabet or any other player except the fish sucking out and the fish getting sucked out on. I think the request for a "comment" at the end is the most annoying part. There is NOTHING to comment on.

-Phoenix

Oluwafemi
06-26-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

May I suggest:

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/7130000/7133946.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i already have TOP and your response does'nt mean much. i don't understand what you're getting at. having TOP does'nt, in any way, change how i feel about the hand. i still would'nt be glad he called--- unless my hand held up. say what you want. i make money at my level regardless.

Oluwafemi
06-26-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as you're not making money off me at my table, do you. i surely don't care. it does'nt change how i feel about the hand.

benfranklin
06-26-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i already have TOP and your response does'nt mean much. i don't understand what you're getting at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open the book and read the Fundamental Theorem of Poker. Repeat as necessary.

45suited
06-26-2005, 03:24 PM
The Fundamental Theorom of Poker. If your opponent had been able to see your cards, he would have played the hand differently.

To put it more bluntly: You got your money in with way the best hand, so don't complain that your opponent made a mistake and called you. It's good that he called you. Put yourself in this position enough over the long run and you will be a winner.

pergesu
06-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Gigabet didn't cost you [censored]. You got sucked out on, big deal. Everybody who has posted in this thread has suffered way, way worse than that, usually multiple times over the course of one session.

If you think there's anything to discuss about this hand, you're retarded and should stop playing poker.

Scuba Chuck
06-26-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
having TOP does'nt, in any way, change how i feel

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah-ha. We've discovered the problem. FEEL. It's just cards. Apparently you didn't read Giga's other post. Go back and start over. You don't start with Theory of Stacksizes (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2610396 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=2610396&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=18623&dat erange=1&newerval=4&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post2610396) and hope to understand the man, without reading (first I may add) Almost there with success and failure (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1825403&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

Do I need to say more? Why is how you feel have anything to do with the results? Are you playing correct? If you don't know, then I wish you the best of luck finding out.

While I'm on my soapbox, I'm going to add more. This is very important guys. Have any of you watched a STEP 5 game? Or any of the higher level games. It's not 5 handed by level 4. In fact, it's probably still 9-10 handed. At the higher levels, where the skill tends to even out, it requires alternative thinking to seperate yourself from the pack. In the lower levels, we call this kind of play fishy. At the higher levels, it's creative.

Back in the real world, for most of the rest of us. Playing in games in the sub $215s. The reason why this game is profitable is because you can avoid fishy plays and players. Your dominant hands can and will be paid off by players who do not have a full grasp of the game. In fact, you don't even need a full grasp. Just some basic knowledge, and you can crush the $20+2s.

As I have said before, many of Gigabets more interesting posts are exactly that. Interesting. They, unfortunately, don't apply to us. But we get a glimpse into his world. Sort of like reality tv. It doesn't mean we will have opportunity to apply it on a regular (if ever) basis. So, treat it that way.

Scuba