PDA

View Full Version : card rooms in NJ?

LALDAAS
06-26-2005, 01:16 AM
any card rooms in NJ other then AC?

I had heard that mount airy lodge was opening a poker pollar.

AC is a 2.5 hour drive I like playing live but that is a beotch of a drive if your not staying the night.

mshalen
06-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Now i can't stop thinking of those stupid commercials from the 60's and 70's about Your host in the poconos and heart shaped tubs.

I thought Mount Airy Lodge was in PA.
I live in a NYC burb in jersey and also find the 2 hour drive each way hard to do.
Sorry this has turned into a rambling stream of gibberish.

correia
06-26-2005, 02:09 PM
I've probably seen those Mount Airy Lodge and Apex technical school commercials a million times. Apex was the school that gave you a toolbox after you graduated with the bald guy in the commercial.

Conspir8or
06-26-2005, 04:37 PM
"Beautiful Mount Airy Lodge!"

You probably also remember ads for Fugazy Motors and The Milford Plaza if you date from a certain era in the NJ suburbs.

The only cardrooms I know of in NJ seem to be defunct. Give www.homepokergames.com/newjersey.php (http://www.homepokergames.com/newjersey.php) a try.

mshalen
06-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I bought my wife a mink coat from the Ritz Thrift Shop and the salesman asked where I had heard of the store. I said I had seen the ads on TV. I felt like an idiot when he told me they haven't run ads on TV in over 25 years. Its amazing what sticks in your mind.

I also sing the Milford Plaza song whenever my wife and I walk past the building - she is fom Chicago and thinks I'm either an idiot or making the song up.

As Zehn
06-27-2005, 10:49 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Sheraton hotels used to run a gingle with their phone number 800-325-3535. I'll never forget that number no matter what.

Amazing that all the creativity in television is in the commercials and not the shows.

Conspir8or
06-27-2005, 11:07 AM
THANK YOU -- I had the Ritz Thrift Shop in mind but couldn't get the name from the brain to the keyboard. I had no idea they were still in business, unlike another store whose jingle I will never forget: Castro Convertible.

sfer
06-27-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also sing the Milford Plaza song whenever my wife and I walk past the building - she is fom Chicago and thinks I'm either an idiot or making the song up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. Now it's in my head.

NutzyClutz
06-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Remember, you can't spell dependable without DEAN.
Crazy Eddie, these prices are insane.
Hi I'm Tom Carvel. Don't be a fatty fat, have thinny-thin.
Wednesday is Sundae at Carvel.
Go to Wild West City, a city running wild.

and ...
Free house breking wee-wee pads...

hetron
06-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Carvel's Fudgy the Whale
Phil Rizzuto for the Money Store
Allen Carpet's blowout liquidation sale (had about 20 of them before the company was liquidated)
and who can forget....

TOMMY'S TUNES with those blond chicks with the HUUGGE hair!

mshalen
06-28-2005, 08:04 AM
"Hey Jerry What's the story? You come down to JGE and show us your union card at the door and your in, cause JGE is not open to the public only to union members and their families"

Wonderama with Sonny Fox

samjjones
06-28-2005, 08:33 AM
"The Milford Plaza is the lullabye of........Brooaaaaaaaaaaad-waaaaaaaaaaay"

dabluebery
06-28-2005, 09:42 AM
I hate everyone that posted in this thread. Stuck in my head...

The girl getting out of the pool in the bikini, being wrapped in the yellow towel by the guy.
The couple on the walk in the woods, they're stepping across a stream onto that rock right in the middle, then they kiss.
The guy hitting out of the sand trap with his whole family watching. What a freaking nightmare.

I read somewhere that those commercials ran for like 20 years, from 1977 or so until all of the actors died in the 90's.

All you have to bring, is your love of everything..... I'm gonna go play the "blue" song so something slightly more pleasant is stuck in my head all day.

JimGil
06-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Don'f forget the woman doing the one-and-a-half off the diving board....

oh, and...

hahahaha .... raceway park!

Bluffoon
06-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Nice Hijack...

Nobody beats the WIZ!

Hellmouth
06-28-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Carvel's Fudgy the Whale
Phil Rizzuto for the Money Store
Allen Carpet's blowout liquidation sale (had about 20 of them before the company was liquidated)
and who can forget....

TOMMY'S TUNES with those blond chicks with the HUUGGE hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

Carvel Cookiepuss!!!!!

NJchick
06-28-2005, 10:19 AM
You forgot..

Beefsteak Charlie's. All the beer, wine or sangria you can drink. All you can eat Shrimp too.

dabluebery
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

hahahaha .... raceway park!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish you were dead. That Chipmunk voice can go to hell.