PDA

View Full Version : Which to draw to in Draw

Dan Rutter
06-26-2005, 12:08 AM
From the Pokerroom draw game $1-2. 5 handed.
Everyone limps to me in the big blind.
I have 6d 2s 6s 7s 4s.

Do I draw to the flush or the pair of 6s? I said the flush because I have 9 outs to improve. If I draw to the 6s, I have 2 outs for trips, and two pair are going to be likely hard to play unless I get AA or KK.

schubes
06-26-2005, 12:22 AM
I'd also draw to the flush. If there were only 1 or 2 passive limpers I'd be more inclined to draw to the 6s.

Mayhap
06-26-2005, 12:23 AM
If you hit your flush and you're up against another flush, you are most likely in trouble. Better to have trips or measly two pair than a busted flush with at best a pair of 7s.

my $0.02

Notorious G.O.B.
06-26-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you hit your flush and you're up against another flush, you are most likely in trouble. Better to have trips or measly two pair than a busted flush with at best a pair of 7s.

my $0.02

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you think 66 is the best hand (no way), you have to draw at the flush. You're just not going to run into a bigger flush that often playing draw. You'll lose more often on trip sixes than you will with a flush, and you're more likely to make the flush.

bigpooch
06-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Your pair is too small: if you make trips, you may end up
with the second (or third) best hand in a five-way pot.

On the other hand, if you make a flush, it's likely to be
the best hand and you'll know if you're in trouble (when you
get raised by a another one-card draw).

If your pair were QQ or JJ, then there would be a strong
case to draw to your pair (as long as most of your opponents
would have raised with KK or AA before the draw).

TheShootah
06-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Definitely take the flush. Although in a situation when just the small blind limps or whatever, I would take the 6's.

losingflush
06-28-2005, 12:12 PM
You played it right.