PDA

View Full Version : Question about profit

MargieX
01-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Dear all!

I'm now playing Poker since one year and after reading several books and a lot of praticing (and some losses in the beginning months) I manage to clearly beat the game at the 0.5/1$ table (started very low to minimize the risk at the beginning) at Paradise Poker. However winning there approx. 1 BB per hour or even some more isn't much fun in the long run. So up to what level do you think would someone (like me) continue winning in the long run if he's successful at 0,5/1? 5/10, too or even 10/20. And were do you think is the point were only real experts should go further.

Thank you for your help, MargieX.

Homer
01-28-2003, 11:30 AM
The sky is the limit. If you have been a solid winning player at one level for an extended period of time, try moving to up to the next level, provided that you have an acceptable bankroll (300 big bets). Then, if you are winning at that level and have a large enough bankroll, move up again. Eventually you will reach a maximum level at which you are comfortable that you are beating the game, and at which you are still enjoying the game (it is not above your "emotional bankroll"). Good luck...

-- Homer

Stu Pidasso
01-28-2003, 01:13 PM
There is a an Essay here in the essay section by Mason that may answer questions. If you haven't read all those essays you may want to do so. Lots of good stuff there

Also it says they were last updated on on 09/21/01. This is not correct. The Essays were updated again in July of 02.

Stu