PDA

View Full Version : Playing Poker

lastchance
06-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Eh... I really want/need to learn how to play actual poker. HU-ITM, I think my play is pretty decent, as well as insanely read-dependent. L1-L3, I don't have a lot of those same reads, and I play a lot of multiway pots cuz of LPers.

First, where do you start loosening up from AleoMagus's basic $10+1 guide? (I don't play that way, but I'm tight)

Second, how much Gigabetting can you play at the $11's? If the answer is not very much (which I suspect it is), then playing L1-L3 is about hitting monsters and taking people's stack, right?

microbet
06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
I have some thoughts and may get back to this later, but I have to go now and just want to ask if you generally play the $11s. Do ya?

lastchance
06-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah.

Scuba Chuck
06-25-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Second, how much Gigabetting can you play at the $11's?

[/ QUOTE ]

It just kills me how many want to be Gigabet. First, learn poker, then learn to gigabet (if that's now a verb).

Luminous Mist
06-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Pretend you have AA every hand and are trapping...

Luminous

Benholio
06-25-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Second, how much Gigabetting can you play at the $11's? If the answer is not very much (which I suspect it is), then playing L1-L3 is about hitting monsters and taking people's stack, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy plays should be very few and far between at any low buy-in poker game. Hit your monsters, make your money.

Fancy plays should be reserved for situations where you have very specific reads on your opponent, which will be very rare in low buy-in SNGs, since you don't see your opponents very often.

valenzuela
06-25-2005, 10:56 PM
whats ur handle so we I can avoid, u might want to avoid me as well...hehe /images/graemlins/smile.gif

starvs
06-26-2005, 12:14 AM
at the 11s (and as of today the 22s), I've pretty much just been waiting for monster in levels 1 and 2, and even three. I'm sure this isnt absolultely optimal, but it's been working for me so far.