PDA

View Full Version : How do you play HU on PP?

legendary loser
06-25-2005, 08:52 PM
I just started up playing SnGs on Party ($10 and $20 NL) again. When the blinds are 200-400 or 300-600 do you always go all in with any Ace, King or two pictures cards? In addition, what about hands like Q10, Q9, etc. I play about 10-20 SnGs a day and I'm not sure if I should approach this like a cash game where I should push my small edges because over the long term it wil be +ev. Or, If I should treat this like a tournament where the goal is to survive and wait til you are in a dominating position to put your chips in.

Thanks.

TStokes
06-25-2005, 09:01 PM
When the blinds are that big and you are heads up you are going to want to be pushing with any 2.

Shillx
06-25-2005, 09:02 PM
If I'm the SBB (small blind button), I will push in with just about anything if the blinds are 200-400 and up. Save total trash like 63o and whatnot, but if it has any kind of high card power it is going in. So for example if I get 96o I'm going all-in. With any hand that is better then average (all the hands that you listed), you should be going all-in everytime.

Brad

Edit - Throwing some hands away is more just an image play for me. I wan't my opponent to see that I'm not going all-in every time (merely just 90% of the time or whatever /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

CaptSensible
06-25-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit - Throwing some hands away is more just an image play for me. I wan't my opponent to see that I'm not going all-in every time (merely just 90% of the time or whatever ).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found it benificial, heads up, to throw away marginal hands when in the small blind. more times than not (about 70%) my opponent will start doing the same thing which means that when i get crud on the big blind he'll start folding instead of trying to steal.

Bluff Daddy
06-25-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just started up playing SnGs on Party ($10 and $20 NL) again. When the blinds are 200-400 or 300-600 do you always go all in with any Ace, King or two pictures cards? In addition, what about hands like Q10, Q9, etc. I play about 10-20 SnGs a day and I'm not sure if I should approach this like a cash game where I should push my small edges because over the long term it wil be +ev. Or, If I should treat this like a tournament where the goal is to survive and wait til you are in a dominating position to put your chips in.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

you play 10 or 20 sng's a day and are having to ask whether you should wait for a dominating situation when your heads up and most likely have b/w 5-10 bb?

Phoenix1010
06-25-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit - Throwing some hands away is more just an image play for me. I wan't my opponent to see that I'm not going all-in every time (merely just 90% of the time or whatever ).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found it benificial, heads up, to throw away marginal hands when in the small blind. more times than not (about 70%) my opponent will start doing the same thing which means that when i get crud on the big blind he'll start folding instead of trying to steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a big point. At low level SnGs, your opponent will often let you "set the tone" at the beginning of heads up, and then follow your lead. Often they will be slow to change back, so if you have good timing, you can switch gears at just the right points to take the most advantage of their stylistic inertia.

-Phoenix

legendary loser
06-26-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

you play 10 or 20 sng's a day and are having to ask whether you should wait for a dominating situation when your heads up and most likely have b/w 5-10 bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have been more specific. That generally relates to coinflip or other close situations when you still have 10-15 BB left and there are 3-4 people left. (ex: you have 2000 chips with 75-150 blinds and you are dealt 77 and person with 1500 goes all in on your BB...with 4 people left with all similar stacks). Sorry I did not specificy