PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt Piece/Pro hand...thoughts/help?

LLKOOLK1
06-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Blinds 25-50
Hero in BB with 2300 chips
MP-2550chips doubles big blind to 100
CO- 1900 chips- calls 100
Button- 3200 calls 100
SB- 2100 calls 100
Hero in BB calls 50 more with 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Flop- 4 /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks
Hero Checks
MP bets 200
CO-folds
Button-Folds
SB- Calls 200
Hero Raises 500 more to 700
MP folds
SB- Raises all in
Thoughts?...Do you just bet out at this flop instead fo the check raise here? Call or fold?

zgall1
06-25-2005, 09:34 PM
I would play this the same way. You know that somebody (likely the PF raiser) is going to bet out here and your check raise is likely to thin the field and protect your hand against draws.

As for calling or folding, I have no idea. I think I'll leave that to a better player. It is definitely a very tough spot and I think that something could be said for either of these moves.

TomHimself
06-25-2005, 09:44 PM
insta call IMO

HouseBlouse
06-25-2005, 11:54 PM
This is a fold, because the SB checked the flop and then called then pushed i kinda feel like he is stronger than bottom two piar

LLKOOLK1
06-26-2005, 03:41 AM
Wouldnt you interpet his obvous check call then raise as extreme strength, possible set or flush, A4,A5 or maybe strong ace with club draw?..The check call, seems like he is possibly trying to draw me in as well, when I raise he decides the pot is large enough to reraise all in and take it down there?
But then there is a possibilty of him haveing an ace that he thinks is strong enough to make this bet with?
-LL

TomHimself
06-26-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldnt you interpet his obvous check call then raise as extreme strength, possible set or flush, A4,A5 or maybe strong ace with club draw?..The check call, seems like he is possibly trying to draw me in as well, when I raise he decides the pot is large enough to reraise all in and take it down there?
But then there is a possibilty of him haveing an ace that he thinks is strong enough to make this bet with?
-LL

[/ QUOTE ]Its possible he has AK of spades and maybe AA but i think you are ahead, I prefer leading out on this flop

LLKOOLK1
06-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Leading out on the flop would be a possibility, but I was afraid of facing a large reraise. This doesnt seem like the type of flop that the MP original raiser would easilly fold to a bet. If I did lead out, and was faced with a raise, and possibly a reraise from the small blind, now that we knnow his intentions after the fact, would I be able to lay this hand down?... I thought that a pot sized reraise would end the hand right there which is what I wanted with this type of flop?
=LL

TomHimself
06-26-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Leading out on the flop would be a possibility, but I was afraid of facing a large reraise. This doesnt seem like the type of flop that the MP original raiser would easilly fold to a bet. If I did lead out, and was faced with a raise, and possibly a reraise from the small blind, now that we knnow his intentions after the fact, would I be able to lay this hand down?... I thought that a pot sized reraise would end the hand right there which is what I wanted with this type of flop?
=LL

[/ QUOTE ]i think if you were raised and reraised you would have to fold, but with the way the hand played out I think you are ahead of his AK, AA is a possibility but i think you have to play this hand for all your chips

TomHimself
06-26-2005, 06:11 PM
do you have the results/

LLKOOLK1
06-27-2005, 02:49 AM
I ended up calling the all in, and he showed A10 off...an Ace popped off on the turn made him trips and that was good enough to win the hand, but i really was happy with how i played it. I really thought that based on my read of this player that he could make this move with a decent ace, or possibly an ace with a flush draw, or ace with gutshot straight draw...tough beat sorta, but i was just seeing if i could have palyed the hand differently
-LL