PDA

View Full Version : is his play justifiable?

thefranchise5
06-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Dealt to Hero [Tc As]
Kovak04: folds
BlackRuski: folds
rdmicallef: raises 100 to 200
Mr. C. Brown: folds
sol160: folds
Hero: raises 300 to 500
amyoung: folds
Villain: raises 125 to 625 and is all-in
rdmicallef: folds
Hero: calls 125
*** FLOP *** [9d 7c Js]
*** TURN *** [9d 7c Js] [Ts]
*** RIVER *** [9d 7c Js Ts] [3h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain: shows [8s Qs] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
Hero: shows [Tc As] (a pair of Tens)
Villain collected 1500 from pot

I made the raise trying to steal the pot from rdmicallef as they seemed to raise a lot and then fold when someone showed strength. I asked Villain y he made this move and he berated me about not knowing anything about poker and how i don't know who he is and that im an idiot for raising with A10, I was just wondering if my play was justifiable and what about his.

BDarch
06-25-2005, 07:33 PM
I think his play is completely terrible and yours depends on the situation but I would probably fold most of the time.

lastchance
06-25-2005, 07:43 PM
You don't raise half your stack, ever. Either push or fold here, I think, and I lean toward pushing.

runner4life7
06-25-2005, 08:45 PM
what does it matter if his play is justifiable or are you just mad you lost and trying to find an excuse. You are new so its semi understandable but dont post bad beats or beats or anything pointless like this. If someone likes Q8 be happy because its to your advantage that they play dumb.

Benholio
06-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Don't worry about whether your opponents play is justifiable, hopefully you are up against many many unjustifiable plays. Worry more about your play, which by the way, is really hard to judge when you don't post blind level, stacks, site, buyin, or an easily readable HH format.