PDA

View Full Version : A Special =4 Political Blog: All Republicans are HateMongering Racists

PorscheNGuns
06-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Its frequently easy to tell when someone gets stomped on in a debate: in one's last throes, both mentally exhausted and belittled, he or she will resort to childish petty name calling. In modern political discourse, the left wingers specifically will throw their last haymaker at their Republican overlords, declaring them bigots, racists, and even (gasp!) fascists. Without further ado, I present to you the REAL truth behind right wing bigotry, hate-mongering, and neo-nazism.

From the beginning now...

*1863, Abraham Lincoln, a Republican, emancipated the slaves

*Republicans granted blacks citizenship in 1866

*Republicans passed the 14th amendment in 1868

*Republicans passed black voting rights in 1871

*Republican Teddy Roosevelt was the first President to host a black dinner at the White House

*Democrat President Woodrow Wilson attempted to entirely re-segregate Washington DC

*Republican Calvin Coolidge was the first President to ever propose legislation designed to improve race relations and created the Negro Industrial Commission (NIC)

*the Republican Platform, completely opposite the Democrat platform, included anti-lynching legislation. In 1922 Democrats filibustered and killed a bill proposed by Republicans to make lynching a federal crime.

*Until 1935, every single black legislator had been a Republican.

*Republicans passed the Civil Rights act in 1957 (Both Ted and Jack Kennedy strongly opposed it, also many Democrats filibustered this unsuccessfully)

*18 Democrats severely hampered the Civil Rights act of 1960, filibustering it for 5 days, before Republican Eisenhower managed to sign it.

*The civil rights act of 1964 was again filibustered by Democrats, only being saved by Republican Senator Everett Dickerson from Illinois.

*Republican Richard M. Nixon (who MLK Sr and Jackie Robinson campaigned strongly for and voted for) created the EEOC

*Republican Gerald Ford promotes the first black ever to position of 4 star Air Force general

*Republican Ronald Reagan signed MLK Day into a public holiday.

*Republican Ronald Reagan promotes the first black ever to 4 star army general.

*Republican Reagan appointed Colin Powell the first ever black national security advisor.

*Republican Bush appoints powell to become the first ever black Secretary of State. (then appoints the second black ever, Rice, a female, to this position) Rice was also the first ever black female NSC Chief.

*Last year the first black (a republican of course) was elected to the Georgia legislature since Reconstruction.

In Condaleeza Rice's own words :
"The first Republican I knew was my father, and he is still the Republican I most admire," Rice has said. "He joined our party because the Democrats in Jim Crow Alabama of 1952 would not register him to vote. The Republicans did. My father has never forgotten that day, and neither have I."

In all fairness, the Civil Rights act of 1964 was proposed by Kennedy, a Democrat, (and later signed by Johnson) but Kennedy did it in an opportunistic thrust for votes upon seeing the size of the black vote in '60. (Notice how civil rights was important enough for him to put off until close to re-election time) (Side note: This of course beginning the long standing trend of black manipulation by the left). Kennedy opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and 1960, and is on record, along with most of the Kennedy clan of that era, as being a complete bigot and racist. And then Johnson, the racist Texan...To say that Johnson ever
gave a hoot about blacks or civil rights, beyond their vote, would be a boldfaced lie.

Now, many historically inept left wingers love to create a fantasy world in which there was a sudden, magical switch of support for racial justice and equality in 1964 from Republicans to Democrats, when Republican Barry Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This is purely wrong, and is simply more intellectual dishonesty on the part of the left (or maybe ignorance). Barry Goldwater co-founded the Arizona NAACP. He desegregated the Arizona National Guard. He supported the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1960. Yes, he did oppose it in 1964, on the record, because it severely infringed on States Rights, but in reality, doing this was instrumental in the "Southern Strategy", and thanks to Barry Goldwater, the Republicans bitch-slapped the hate mongering Democrat majority out of the South for good (one of the biggest political heists in history no less)

Just remember: Jackie Robinson, Hall of Famer, and the father of Martin Luther King Jr, campaigned FOR Richard M. Nixon and the Republican Party platform.

Now since you know that Republicans have fought tooth and nail for civil rights for close to 150 years now, and Democrats have traditionally fought tooth and nail against it, lets analyze some of the typical misleading rhetoric (read: lies) we see from the left:

On October 9, 1999 at an Iowa Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner, Democratic Presidential Candidate Bradley exclaimed: "I remember the exact moment that I became a Democrat. It was the summer of 1964; I was an intern in Washington between my junior and senior year in college. And I was in the Senate chamber the night the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed that desegregated public accommodations in America... And I became a Democrat because it was the party of justice. It was Democrats that stepped forward that evening in the Senate and cast their vote that washed away the stain of segregation in this country."

Now anyone can pick up a history text book and discover this to be a total lie. It was the Republicans who stepped forward to end the bitter filibustering being performed by the Democrats (on top of the fact that segregation can hardly be considered washed away by the Act of 64).

I need not mention Democrats Fritz Hollings or Robert Byrd (who to this day drops the N-word on national tv). Even Lyndon Johnson and Jack Kennedy were hate mongering racists - "keep those n-words on the buses and off those streets" - is a telling comment from the kennedy tapes, on top of wire tapping Malcom X and MLK and aggressively spying on them

So, when did the Rat party become the ever inclusive, ever embracing, party of racial justice? Since they started promising them free handouts for votes? The truth is, Democrats merely manipulate blacks for political gain - nothing more and nothing less. Keep them poor, make them believe they are the victim, make them dependent on the Government (and thus the Democrats), and brainwash them into thinking Republicans are racists - that is their goal. Charles Barkley once said he had a friend who pumped gas 25 years ago. He voted Democrat then. 25 years later he still pumps gas and still votes Democrat. The question is, when are blacks going to wise up?

Furthermore, any educated person knows that the Republican track record on helping blacks is 10,000 leagues better than the Democratic track record, at any period in United States history, including now. Right now one of the most powerful people in the world is a black woman, who liberal bomb throwers repeatedly trash on because of the color of her skin. (She is frequently referred to as the house-n-word)

I ask anyone to show me proof that the Republicans, as a Party, at *at any point in history*, have not fought tooth and nail for racial justice. If you do, I will in turn show you 10 instances of Democrats, as a unified party, fighting tooth and nail for segregation, lynching, and the elimination of racial equality and civil rights.

I would also like to point out that the KKK was formed as the terrorist wing of the Democratic party. In modern terms they are a joke, relatively non-existent, yet modern liberal patho-liars continously cast Republicans and the KKK as one for the same cause(again this goes back to Democrat manipulation and brainwashing of the blacks).

Here is a blog from Matt Abbot, found here, that goes a little more into detail on this sweeping lie:
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/abbott/050119

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More of these patterns of lies here: (link requires membership, briefing posted)

BY PATRICK SWEENEY
Pioneer Press

A top aide to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor minority in the Minnesota House apologized Tuesday for a published statement in which he said he believed many Republican legislators were "of the KKK mentality, but totally without the hoods."

Lou Harvin, a former Twin Cities television reporter who is public affairs director for House DFLers, issued a written statement less than two hours after a Republican state senator demanded an apology in a statement delivered on the
Senate floor.

"This is offensive to me," said Sen. Thomas Neuville, R-Northfield, referring to the published comments. "I call publicly for Mr. Harvin to apologize to every
Republican in this body."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this history proves, what I am proving, is that the Party founded on racial equality and justice, the Republican Party, was and has been following through on its platform. You cannot dispute this, and you will only be committing acts of blatant intellectual dishonesty trying.

Have a nice day.

-Matt (Porsche N Guns)

(sourcing: all pertinent info can be found in a college history textbook, though probably not a college from the Northeast, as these are typical history-revisionist Marxist acadamies)

BCPVP
06-25-2005, 07:10 PM
I was skimming this book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0974537608/ref=pd_sxp_f/104-5888320-2590321?v=glance&s=books) at Barnes and Noble not long ago. It looks interesting, especially considering the headway made in the black vote from '00 to '04.

Sadly though, I don't see this ending the playing of the race card by Democrats...

PorscheNGuns
06-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Intertwined with the increasing shift to the right in the black vote is the increasing political lean to the right of college-educated blacks.

-Matt

shots
06-25-2005, 08:28 PM
I think that's because minorities are starting to see that what the Democratic party really wants to do is keep them reliant on government social programs so they'll vote Democrat while the Republican party wants to give evryone a chance at being successfull.

kurto
06-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Note:
[ QUOTE ]
Its frequently easy to tell when someone gets stomped on in a debate: in one's last throes, both mentally exhausted and belittled, he or she will resort to childish petty name calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same troll, different thread:
[ QUOTE ]
Thier constituencies, naturally, are the lazy schmucks who have an inherent tendency to blame their(poor/jobless/homeless) situation on everyone else, and/or those who simply can't handle the idea of responsibility. (Throw in the drug-addicts, faggots, atheists, and various organizations such as the ACLU and NAMBLA and you've got yourself 57 million votes)

[/ QUOTE ]

PorscheNGuns
06-25-2005, 08:51 PM
I didnt think I would have to provide this higher level of clarification, but I guess its really hard to get through to some people:

Aside from your snipped excerpt not being in any form of debate, but rather a concise summary of my own thought out opinion, the term "lazy schmuck" that I used to describe nearly an entire voting bloc does not fall under the "childish, petty name calling as a last haymaker in a debate" category, but rather as subtle distaste for that voting bloc masked as political humor, a "cheapshot" if you will.

"Haymaker" examples from the right would be: "You hate America", "You hate freedom", "You hate whitey", etc

Examples from the left include: "You fascist/racist/bigot" etc

Ok?

Also, as far as your repeated reference to me as a troll (FYI this really doesnt bother me as I'm sure you'd like it to), I'd like to cite Wikipedia:

"As a pejorative, the term "troll" may also be a slander of opponents in heated debates, a tactic often used by trolls and non-trolls. Many times a person will post a sincere message that they are emotionally sensitive about and trolls know that the easiest way to upset them is to falsely claim that they are a troll. "

-Matt

andyfox
06-25-2005, 09:27 PM
"Right now one of the most powerful people in the world is a black woman, who liberal bomb throwers repeatedly trash on because of the color of her skin. (She is frequently referred to as the house-n-word)"

Evidence?

PorscheNGuns
06-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Sure

http://www.ucomics.com/rallcom/2004/07/05/

http://www.intellectualconservative.com/article3637.html

http://www.majorityreportradio.com/weblog/archives/001279.php

Basically following Rall's cartoon, much of the liberal blogsphere, atleast the shameless blogs, adopted it as her nickname.

Or did you want evidence that she is one of the most powerful people in the world?

-Matt

http://www.blacknewsweekly.com/201.html (this one referred to Colin Powell)

Matty
06-25-2005, 10:52 PM
And way back when the Democratic Party were known as Republicans. What the hell's your point? You get your history lessons from mass emails?

The only reason Lincoln was elected was because the Democratic Party split on the issue of slavery and ran two candidates. Reagan only repealed slavery to reunite the country. He even said that if it took embracing slavery to unite the country then he would.

Since then the "Dixiecrats" like Zell Miller have moved to the Republican Party, and the progressives like Teddy Roosevelt have moved to the Democratic Party.

Parties are constantly shifting positions and absorbing different interest groups. However what is much less fluid is the geopolitical landscape. We know who the pro-slavery states all voted for.

PorscheNGuns
06-25-2005, 11:15 PM
This was a very disorganized rebuttal to my OP, and I'm almost certain the poster was high on something.

Nonetheless, I'm new here and I'll give my best effort at a response:

>>And way back when the Democratic Party were known as Republicans. What the hell's your point?

My point had nothing to do with that. You clearly missed my point.

>>You get your history lessons from mass emails?

Huh? Please point out any factual inaccuracies in my post, instead of trying to discredit me without any evidence and some lame humor.

>>The only reason Lincoln was elected was because the Democratic Party split on the issue of slavery and ran two candidates.

And this has what to do with anything I said?

>>Reagan only repealed slavery to reunite the country.

God I hope you meant Lincoln there. And Lincoln didn't "repeal" anything - he emancipated the slaves.

>>He even said that if it took embracing slavery to unite the country then he would.

WTF are you talking about? He emancipated the slaves in the midst of a massive Civil War. Although again, nothing related to my OP.

>>Since then the "Dixiecrats" like Zell Miller have moved

Zell Miller is not a Dixiecrat, he is a Democrat.

>>and the progressives like Teddy Roosevelt have moved to the Democratic Party.

Again, WTF are you talking about? Only someone on some kind of drug could think, and I hope you meant, Ted Kennedy, yet your fingers typed Teddy Roosevelt.

>>Parties are constantly shifting positions and absorbing different interest groups. However what is much less fluid is the geopolitical landscape. We know who the pro-slavery states all voted for.

I SO didn't expect you to finish on even a semi-coherent thought, nonetheless one related to my OP.

Does he post high like this all the time?

-Matt

Matty
06-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Your OP which cherry-picks little facts from history implies that the party 90% of blacks vote for is racist doesn't merit anything more than a quick skim.

Learn to think for yourself and make arguments based on more than talking points, and maybe someday you'll redeem yourself.

PorscheNGuns
06-25-2005, 11:29 PM
>>Your OP which cherry-picks little facts from history implies that the party 90% of blacks vote for is racist doesn't merit anything more than a quick skim.

First of all, like I said, you completely missed my point. I'll spell it out very clear for you. Republicans are not the bigots and racists that they aren't constantly cast as by their liberal opponents (in the context of the political manipulation of the black vote by these said liberals) Hence the vitriolic satire in the subject line. I made no points about the Democratic Party and only pointed out various instances of Democratic racism to juxtapose against the very point I was trying to make.

>>Learn to think for yourself and make arguments based on more than talking points, and maybe someday you'll redeem yourself.

What talking points was my OP based on? Where did I not think for myself?? Reedem myself??? Again, are you high or something? You took a pathetic jab at discrediting my entire OP with one broad, baseless stroke, ok that's fine I'm used to it, but then you follow it up with this jibberish and I just can't help but think you are high on some kind of drug.

-Matt

kurto
06-25-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aside from your snipped excerpt not being in any form of debate

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not debating. I'm making a point.

[ QUOTE ]
but rather as subtle distaste for that voting bloc masked as political humor, a "cheapshot" if you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... when I see someone reduce 57 million people as "lazy schmucks (who are) poor/jobless/homeless ...and/or those who simply can't handle the idea of responsibility. (Throw in the drug-addicts, faggots, atheists, and various organizations such as the ACLU and NAMBLA and you've got yourself 57 million votes)"... its not apparent its a joke. A cheapshot, I guess I can agree. And it certainly wasn't a 'last haymaker' in a debate since its the way you started a thread. You led with cheap remarks.

I just find it odd that you start one post seemingly belittling people (specifically Democrats) who resort to namecalling"... you claim they resort to namecalling when they're 'stomped.' The difference is that you start with namecalling... I guess that makes it different?

[ QUOTE ]
Examples from the left include: "You fascist/racist/bigot" etc

[/ QUOTE ] Um... just for the record, if someone is a racist or a bigot, calling them out on it isn't resorting to namecalling.

examples from the right: Faggot/terrorist sympathizer/unpatriotic/self hating american, etc.

Both sides name call. Not sure why you single out Demcrats.

By the way, I don't expect it to bother you if I call you a troll. I'm simply acknowledging what I see. I really doubt a stranger on a forum could really bother most people.

ptmusic
06-25-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure

http://www.ucomics.com/rallcom/2004/07/05/

http://www.intellectualconservative.com/article3637.html

http://www.majorityreportradio.com/weblog/archives/001279.php

Basically following Rall's cartoon, much of the liberal blogsphere, atleast the shameless blogs, adopted it as her nickname.

Or did you want evidence that she is one of the most powerful people in the world?

-Matt

http://www.blacknewsweekly.com/201.html (this one referred to Colin Powell)

[/ QUOTE ]

So your evidence that liberals repeatedly trash Condi Rice based on her skin color is

- A comic strip(!)
- A totally partisan obscure website commenting on a comic strip (!) which was accusing conservatives of racism
- A blog (!) : I don't even know what you are referring to here.

So a comic strip, biased discussion of a comic strip, and something in a blog all add up to "She is frequently referred to as the house-n-word" by liberals!*&?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The only fact here is that you are playing some sort of race card in a pathetic attempt to prove some pathetic point.

-ptmusic

PorscheNGuns
06-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Liberal bombthrowers != Democrat politicians, as I'm sure you thought I meant. Also, I am sure that anyone calling into question the frequent use of "house N" to refer to Condi Rice is not a regular participant in the political blogsphere.

And once again, I have a "pathetic" OP point, but you don't care to explain why. Is my point really that impenetrable?

-Matt

andyfox
06-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Ted Rall and Harry Belafonte?

Should I say that rightists regularly trash feminist activists as Nazis and then quote Rush Limbaugh and some of his followers? There are many people on both sides of the political spectrum, usually far from the center, who, to gain attention, use shock terms. Certainly Limbaugh's influence is much greater than Rall's and Belafonte's. [FWIW, when I last saw Belafonte on TV, I thought he was senile.]

[censored]
06-26-2005, 01:03 AM
good and evil doesn't know politics man. both sides have planty of both.

hetron
06-26-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its frequently easy to tell when someone gets stomped on in a debate: in one's last throes, both mentally exhausted and belittled, he or she will resort to childish petty name calling. In modern political discourse, the left wingers specifically will throw their last haymaker at their Republican overlords, declaring them bigots, racists, and even (gasp!) fascists. Without further ado, I present to you the REAL truth behind right wing bigotry, hate-mongering, and neo-nazism.

From the beginning now...

*1863, Abraham Lincoln, a Republican, emancipated the slaves

*Republicans granted blacks citizenship in 1866

*Republicans passed the 14th amendment in 1868

*Republicans passed black voting rights in 1871

*Republican Teddy Roosevelt was the first President to host a black dinner at the White House

*Democrat President Woodrow Wilson attempted to entirely re-segregate Washington DC

*Republican Calvin Coolidge was the first President to ever propose legislation designed to improve race relations and created the Negro Industrial Commission (NIC)

*the Republican Platform, completely opposite the Democrat platform, included anti-lynching legislation. In 1922 Democrats filibustered and killed a bill proposed by Republicans to make lynching a federal crime.

*Until 1935, every single black legislator had been a Republican.

*Republicans passed the Civil Rights act in 1957 (Both Ted and Jack Kennedy strongly opposed it, also many Democrats filibustered this unsuccessfully)

*18 Democrats severely hampered the Civil Rights act of 1960, filibustering it for 5 days, before Republican Eisenhower managed to sign it.

*The civil rights act of 1964 was again filibustered by Democrats, only being saved by Republican Senator Everett Dickerson from Illinois.

*Republican Richard M. Nixon (who MLK Sr and Jackie Robinson campaigned strongly for and voted for) created the EEOC

*Republican Gerald Ford promotes the first black ever to position of 4 star Air Force general

*Republican Ronald Reagan signed MLK Day into a public holiday.

*Republican Ronald Reagan promotes the first black ever to 4 star army general.

*Republican Reagan appointed Colin Powell the first ever black national security advisor.

*Republican Bush appoints powell to become the first ever black Secretary of State. (then appoints the second black ever, Rice, a female, to this position) Rice was also the first ever black female NSC Chief.

*Last year the first black (a republican of course) was elected to the Georgia legislature since Reconstruction.

In Condaleeza Rice's own words :
"The first Republican I knew was my father, and he is still the Republican I most admire," Rice has said. "He joined our party because the Democrats in Jim Crow Alabama of 1952 would not register him to vote. The Republicans did. My father has never forgotten that day, and neither have I."

In all fairness, the Civil Rights act of 1964 was proposed by Kennedy, a Democrat, (and later signed by Johnson) but Kennedy did it in an opportunistic thrust for votes upon seeing the size of the black vote in '60. (Notice how civil rights was important enough for him to put off until close to re-election time) (Side note: This of course beginning the long standing trend of black manipulation by the left). Kennedy opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and 1960, and is on record, along with most of the Kennedy clan of that era, as being a complete bigot and racist. And then Johnson, the racist Texan...To say that Johnson ever
gave a hoot about blacks or civil rights, beyond their vote, would be a boldfaced lie.

Now, many historically inept left wingers love to create a fantasy world in which there was a sudden, magical switch of support for racial justice and equality in 1964 from Republicans to Democrats, when Republican Barry Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This is purely wrong, and is simply more intellectual dishonesty on the part of the left (or maybe ignorance). Barry Goldwater co-founded the Arizona NAACP. He desegregated the Arizona National Guard. He supported the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1960. Yes, he did oppose it in 1964, on the record, because it severely infringed on States Rights, but in reality, doing this was instrumental in the "Southern Strategy", and thanks to Barry Goldwater, the Republicans bitch-slapped the hate mongering Democrat majority out of the South for good (one of the biggest political heists in history no less)

Just remember: Jackie Robinson, Hall of Famer, and the father of Martin Luther King Jr, campaigned FOR Richard M. Nixon and the Republican Party platform.

Now since you know that Republicans have fought tooth and nail for civil rights for close to 150 years now, and Democrats have traditionally fought tooth and nail against it, lets analyze some of the typical misleading rhetoric (read: lies) we see from the left:

On October 9, 1999 at an Iowa Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner, Democratic Presidential Candidate Bradley exclaimed: "I remember the exact moment that I became a Democrat. It was the summer of 1964; I was an intern in Washington between my junior and senior year in college. And I was in the Senate chamber the night the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed that desegregated public accommodations in America... And I became a Democrat because it was the party of justice. It was Democrats that stepped forward that evening in the Senate and cast their vote that washed away the stain of segregation in this country."

Now anyone can pick up a history text book and discover this to be a total lie. It was the Republicans who stepped forward to end the bitter filibustering being performed by the Democrats (on top of the fact that segregation can hardly be considered washed away by the Act of 64).

I need not mention Democrats Fritz Hollings or Robert Byrd (who to this day drops the N-word on national tv). Even Lyndon Johnson and Jack Kennedy were hate mongering racists - "keep those n-words on the buses and off those streets" - is a telling comment from the kennedy tapes, on top of wire tapping Malcom X and MLK and aggressively spying on them

So, when did the Rat party become the ever inclusive, ever embracing, party of racial justice? Since they started promising them free handouts for votes? The truth is, Democrats merely manipulate blacks for political gain - nothing more and nothing less. Keep them poor, make them believe they are the victim, make them dependent on the Government (and thus the Democrats), and brainwash them into thinking Republicans are racists - that is their goal. Charles Barkley once said he had a friend who pumped gas 25 years ago. He voted Democrat then. 25 years later he still pumps gas and still votes Democrat. The question is, when are blacks going to wise up?

Furthermore, any educated person knows that the Republican track record on helping blacks is 10,000 leagues better than the Democratic track record, at any period in United States history, including now. Right now one of the most powerful people in the world is a black woman, who liberal bomb throwers repeatedly trash on because of the color of her skin. (She is frequently referred to as the house-n-word)

I ask anyone to show me proof that the Republicans, as a Party, at *at any point in history*, have not fought tooth and nail for racial justice. If you do, I will in turn show you 10 instances of Democrats, as a unified party, fighting tooth and nail for segregation, lynching, and the elimination of racial equality and civil rights.

I would also like to point out that the KKK was formed as the terrorist wing of the Democratic party. In modern terms they are a joke, relatively non-existent, yet modern liberal patho-liars continously cast Republicans and the KKK as one for the same cause(again this goes back to Democrat manipulation and brainwashing of the blacks).

Here is a blog from Matt Abbot, found here, that goes a little more into detail on this sweeping lie:
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/abbott/050119

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More of these patterns of lies here: (link requires membership, briefing posted)

BY PATRICK SWEENEY
Pioneer Press

A top aide to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor minority in the Minnesota House apologized Tuesday for a published statement in which he said he believed many Republican legislators were "of the KKK mentality, but totally without the hoods."

Lou Harvin, a former Twin Cities television reporter who is public affairs director for House DFLers, issued a written statement less than two hours after a Republican state senator demanded an apology in a statement delivered on the
Senate floor.

"This is offensive to me," said Sen. Thomas Neuville, R-Northfield, referring to the published comments. "I call publicly for Mr. Harvin to apologize to every
Republican in this body."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this history proves, what I am proving, is that the Party founded on racial equality and justice, the Republican Party, was and has been following through on its platform. You cannot dispute this, and you will only be committing acts of blatant intellectual dishonesty trying.

Have a nice day.

-Matt (Porsche N Guns)

(sourcing: all pertinent info can be found in a college history textbook, though probably not a college from the Northeast, as these are typical history-revisionist Marxist acadamies)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I see! So Strom Thurmond CHANGED parties because he wanted to be with the DESEGREGATING party! LOL

Just stop it. Your anti-intellectualism is annoying.

ptmusic
06-26-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Liberal bombthrowers != Democrat politicians, as I'm sure you thought I meant. Also, I am sure that anyone calling into question the frequent use of "house N" to refer to Condi Rice is not a regular participant in the political blogsphere.

And once again, I have a "pathetic" OP point, but you don't care to explain why. Is my point really that impenetrable?

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now you just don't make sense. What exactly is your point regarding Condi Rice? Who are you claiming has called her the N-word? And what does that prove?

Thank goodness you don't have the gift of clarity.

-ptmusic

PorscheNGuns
06-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh great, another response that fails to address my OP and takes a personal jab at me.

I'm assuming your grasp on politics is relegated to this forum and what you catch on CNN? Do you even keep up on any political blogs?

-Matt

ptmusic
06-26-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh great, another response that fails to address my OP and takes a personal jab at me.

I'm assuming your grasp on politics is relegated to this forum and what you catch on CNN? Do you even keep up on any political blogs?

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the yang you put a link to and I wasted my time with? Which had a discussion as to the changing look of Aunt Jemima? Robin Quivers is a better political news source than that.

-ptmusic

Cyrus
06-27-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...Republican Party...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd suggest you start thinking in terms of eras. The Republicans of Lincoln are a distinctly different breed than the Republicans of Ashcroft or Pat Robertson. And the same thing, of course, goes for the Democrats. And the other, minor parties, as well.

You can be comparing the Yankees of the 1930s with the Yankees of today, if you wish to engage in time follies, but that's sports for ya, where only the franchise matters.

Don't be a political fan the same way you are a sports fan. It's not clever.

[ QUOTE ]
Republican Teddy Roosevelt was the first President to host a black dinner at the White House

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody wore black tie before ? Strange. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Colleges from the Northeast, are typical history-revisionist Marxist acadamies.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize, I hope, that this is nonsense, don't you?

sirio11
06-27-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Parties are constantly shifting positions and absorbing different interest groups. However what is much less fluid is the geopolitical landscape. We know who the pro-slavery states all voted for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, just in case somebody don't remember.

http://img48.echo.cx/img48/8728/mapslavevsfree5gx.jpg

http://img48.echo.cx/img48/7529/map2004electionresults8tn.jpg

pretty remarkable coincidence eh

hetron
06-27-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Colleges from the Northeast, are typical history-revisionist Marxist acadamies.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize, I hope, that this is nonsense, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

because one of those institutions, YALE, produced both the Bushes (unless you are calling them commies too!)

PorscheNGuns
06-27-2005, 10:58 AM
23 replies and not one thought out response.

UGH

-Matt

DVaut1
06-27-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

UGH

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

As my dad used to say: "Sometimes, son, you only get back in life what you put in."

DVaut1
06-27-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

UGH

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

And since 1/3 of the replies are from yourself, I suppose the implication is that your own replies are thoughtless.

PorscheNGuns
06-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Wow! Two witty comments in one day from you! You're on a roll!!! Got any more???

-Matt

Matty
07-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Holy crap, the RNC chair admitted something:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/13/AR2005071302342.html

jedi
07-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I usually don't engage in political debates, and you'll see why in a moment.

As a registered Republican, I've grown increasingly dissatisfied with the people in the party. I'm not dissatisfied with most of their platform, as I believe it espouses small government, a strong border (I live in California) and equal rights for all. This would mean getting rid of a whole bunch of pork, eliminating affermative action, keeping our border secure, and a host of other things if our country were perfect.

The problem lies in the people. I see so many racists and bigots who use some of these agendas to further their hatred of blacks and Mexicans in particular. It's tough to separate the small-government idealogue from the racist southerner who thinks bathrooms should still be segregated when they champion the same party and some of the same causes.

And with that ramble, now you know why I don't frequent the politics forum.

ptmusic
07-14-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the laugh!

-ptmusic