PDA

View Full Version : QQ with dangerous board faces tricky flop bet

deucesevenoff
06-25-2005, 05:49 PM
This was a hand I played at a live game yesterday at the 4/8 game at the Wynn. Villian here was fairly LAGGY and I had noticed that she liked to call with medium strength hands. From late position, if checked to her she'd usually bet to try to pick up the pot, but in this hand she's in BB. I will only post up to the flop for now...

I raise from UTG with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif and get two callers behind me in addition to the big blind.

Flop (8.5 SB) K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Villain bets into me from BB. What do you do?

imported_leader
06-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Raise all day long. The likelihood that he has you beat and has the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is very low. Therefore, in all likelihood, you are either ahead now or you have a great draw or both.

Nick C
06-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Hmm. I'm torn here. If you're ahead, it doesn't really seem like you're that likely to get outdrawn, unless someone has the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and if so that's really unfortunate and there's most likely nothing you can do about it (unless someone is willing to make a silly fold). And if you're drawing, you'd like anyone with a hand they might fold to two bets to hang around.

I'm kind of inclined to raise, but I can see a case for calling instead.

partygirluk
06-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Fish love to bet into a field from the blinds on a 3 flush flop. Normally passive players do this a lot, but not with a made flush, even a low one. Raise for value and to charge the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A. Would also be a coup to get rid of a King behind you, but that may be unlikely.

A_C_Slater
06-25-2005, 07:14 PM
No A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or top pair is folding. You have a draw to the second nuts and you may be ahead. It seems like you're either way ahead or behind to a king. I call to the river. This is a situation where I wouldn't mind an overcaller to come along.

deucesevenoff
06-26-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you call a river bet unimproved?

imported_leader
06-26-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you call a river bet unimproved?

[/ QUOTE ]
You would have to with that line or raise/fold a 3-bet. I'm not advocating this line thou.

deucesevenoff
06-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the help...As soon as I took the line I did I had a sneaky suspicion it was fishy as hell. Just wanted to make sure.

FWIW, I decided to call the flop, call the turn and fold the river when I didn't hit the flush. Hated my play on every street.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think one of the other players in the hand had the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif as he ended up folding on the river just like I did.

dingbet
06-27-2005, 07:32 PM
The answer depends on wether or not she would bet with a draw. If she'd never bet without top pair, then call. If she would or you aren't sure, raise. I like raising here especially since the pot is somewhat large and you have outs to beat a K anyway.