PDA

View Full Version : Horseshoe Tunica

RacersEdge
06-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I've been playing the 4/8 game there quite a bit the last week. A great room as reported here. I was a frustrated last night some when I had to wait an hour and 15 minutes for a table though. Maybe there are more checking out the new room than they anticipated, because there were 2 tables not being used. I think they still expect new tables and an electronic wait list/message board.

Anyway, great room - still some growing pains I guess.

MicroBob
06-25-2005, 06:16 PM
I think the old room had 12 tables and the current room has 16 tables.
So if they had 14 tables running then that's MORE then they used to have. Maybe they just didn't hire enough dealers yet to man the extra tables....(or maybe 1 or 2 called in sick).

Regardless, I'm not surprised there was such a long wait for the 4/8 game.
Usually when I get over there...if there's a lengthy list I just 'hike to the Strike' and play over there instead.

Chipr777
06-26-2005, 08:29 AM
We have 16 tables now and no plans to add more. Adding more tables I think would cramp the room to a level of discomfort. I know there were enough dealers for 16 games last night. (At least on the schedule) When I turned over the shift at 4:30 there were 3 4-8 games, 2 stud, 2 10-20, 2 20-40, a pot limit, and 3 tourney tables. As soon as 8 or 9 players get on a list for a game I open it. The pager system is also in place now. If you get on a list and your 4th or higher ask the floor or brush for a pager so you can walk around. It sounds to me like there wasn't enough for another game but just enough for a long wait.

bosulli
06-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Chipr777,

I was playing yesterday afternoon your shift, but don't know which floor person you are.

Love the room, and love the Shoe.

One suggestion for the smokers. Can some permenant ashtrays be placed right out side room. Everytime I grab an ashtray and put it close to the room, then return for a quick smoke it is gone.

I like non-smoking tables, but can we have a smokers' rail?

RacersEdge
06-26-2005, 05:29 PM
I agree, the uncramped room is a big plus - no need for more tables IMO.

I think the ash tray thing on the rail might be intentional. There are a few tables right by the rail, and if someone is smoking right on the rail, it's almost like they are at the table anyway. I've already heard people complain about the smoke when they are in those seats. I have to take the side of the further away the smoking , the better.

Chipr777
06-26-2005, 06:31 PM
About as close as we can get is the slots or the snack bar. The outer tables are just too close to the rail. We intentionaly set up the rail with no flat surface so that no ashtrays will sit easily on the rail. I would suggest finding an ashtray at a slot machine or one of the closed B.J. tables just outside the poker room.

RacersEdge
06-26-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We intentionaly set up the rail with no flat surface so that no ashtrays will sit easily on the rail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif