PDA

View Full Version : Turn pairs board, I have QQ

Moneyline
06-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Live 6/12 Nice, loose table. 10 handed.

UTG (plays very loose and fairly aggressive preflop, but tightens up considerably and becomes rather passive postflop) calls, EP (TAG) calls, everyone folds to me and I raise black QQ on the button, SB (LAG) calls, BB (passive and fairly loose) calls, limpers call.

Flop: 7 5 4 with two diamonds (5 players, 10 SBs)

SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, EP calls, I call (intending to raise the turn), SB calls.

Turn: 7 (doesn't complete flush) (5 players, 7.5 BBs) BB bets, UTG calls, EP calls, I stew about it for a while and then fold.

imported_leader
06-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Not good. Raise the flop here. Failing that raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet, but you shouldn't even be in that spot.

Justin A
06-25-2005, 07:37 PM
The pot is not large enough to want to wait and raise the turn in this spot. You've got a ton of value in raising the flop here.

On the turn pot is too big to fold. I don't think you can be convinced yet that someone has a 7. BB could and should still be betting hands like 56, especially since you've under represented your hand.

spamuell
06-25-2005, 07:41 PM
The pot is not large enough to want to wait and raise the turn in this spot.

Not only this but there are a ton of hands that the SB could be betting on this flop that are not that good hoping it folds to the pfr who always has AK and he can force you out. Overcards, a 5, third pair, a complete bluff. Once the field calls, he could easily decide to screw it and check the turn. So raise the flop.