PDA

View Full Version : why are there 10x more red sox fans this year than any other year?

lu_hawk
06-25-2005, 05:34 PM
i'm not talking about on 2+2. i am talking about in new york and new jersey. you see these people everywhere. in the past 10 years i doubt i have seen one red sox hat on a guido at the jersey shore, i saw about 20 this past weekend. at newark airport more red sox hats were for sale than yankees hats or mets hats. you see lots of them in manhattan these days, and lots out in the suburbs too. and all the red sox hats i see look very, very new, almost mint condition.

istewart
06-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Why would you need to ask this question? And yes, it is pathetic.

Phoenix1010
06-25-2005, 06:36 PM
http://img180.echo.cx/img180/5909/bandwagon3te.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

sam h
06-25-2005, 06:37 PM
I imagine its pathetic New Yorkers jumping on the bandwagon because both of their teams suck.

sublime
06-25-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you need to ask this question? And yes, it is pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

imagine how it felt for me in vegas before the WS victory, listenting to people with mid western and southern accents with NYY hats on, explaing that the Yankees will beat up on the sox again in the playoffs. now THAT requires patience /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jack of Arcades
06-25-2005, 07:44 PM
This happens with every team. Look at attendance figures the season of the WS and then the season after. For a good example, look at LAAoA's attendance:

2002 (WS): 7th out of 14
2003 (3rd AL West): 3rd out of 14
2004 (1st AL West): 2nd out of 14

jon593
06-26-2005, 04:41 PM
bandwagon fans

B00T
06-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Cmon Jack. You know its higher this year cause they changed their name. Arte is a genius, he knew having LA in the name would bring fans!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jack of Arcades
06-27-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cmon Jack. You know its higher this year cause they changed their name. Arte is a genius, he knew having LA in the name would bring fans!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I actually like the Los Angeles name. It's a throwback to the PCL, and the Los Angeles Angels of that time were one of the greatest teams ever (with the caveat that the PCL isn't considered a major league, but to call them a minor league by today's definition is unfair... they were like a high-level independent league).

One year, for the playoffs, the Angels played the all-star team comprised from every other team in the league. They won in six...

youtalkfunny
06-27-2005, 05:13 AM
That was hilarious.

I remember when Aikman and Emmitt were winning their second or third Superbowl. I was in the Luxor poker room, and the entire building was full of celebrating Cowboys fans, all wearing brand-new Dallas gear.

An old-timer cracked, "I didn't see anybody wearing those jerseys a few years ago, when they were 1-15."

I flew up to Massachusetts to watch the Patriots beat the Eagles this year. It was GREAT, going around town, and everybody had their Pats gear on. I don't mean the blue Brady and Dillon jerseys--I mean the red Grogan and Nelson jerseys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif