PDA

View Full Version : Where do I stop spewing... or am I spewing at all?

gh9801
06-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

His third hand at the table, so no reads.
Flame away, comments on all streets welcome

mdeck
06-25-2005, 04:36 PM
I don't know why you don't cap the flop.

Unless UTG manages to be a LAG, he's not capping here with anything that beats you. Capping range is generally AA-KK, sometimes QQ and AK. I would [censored] a brick if he capped with KQs.

Based on the way the hand played out, you might be up against AK with the K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, but his aggression on the river is off-putting. He might be overplaying top 2.

Really the only hands you are scared of here are K/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif or JT, neither of which are capping hands preflop. There's no way he has JT and played it so aggressively, either.

I take him to the felt.

gh9801
06-25-2005, 04:38 PM
I felt confident I was way ahead except against KxKs, so I wanted to add some deception to my hand by playing the flop weird.

I should have gone for a turn c/r I think. Should I be slowing down on the river though?

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I felt confident I was way ahead except against KxKs

[/ QUOTE ]

do you see what is wrong with this statement

gh9801
06-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Becuase I'm way ahead of KxKs too, ok let me rephrase - I thought KxKs was the only hand I had to worry about

mdeck
06-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I don't see myself slowing down on this river. The only thing that the river brings that beats you is broadway, and I dont see UTG capping with JT preflop enough for it to negate the times he has KxK/images/graemlins/spade.gif or QxQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif and pays you off.

His turn behavior really negates JT, as even the cap is excessive for someone who has J/images/graemlins/spade.gifTx.

If you're behind, its most likely to K/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, or J/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I don't see UTG capping with these hands preflop. He's out of position against two others.

Barring any reads to the contrary, I think going to war on every street here is +EV.

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Cap the flop.

I don't slow down until he caps the turn.

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Becuase I'm way ahead of KxKs too, ok let me rephrase - I thought KxKs was the only hand I had to worry about

[/ QUOTE ]

well yes and no. say they have KKs and the spade comes on the turn, you are only ~2-1 to improve to a full house or quads on the river, so you really need to pump that pot on the flop and on the turn

gh9801
06-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the responses - some results

Turns out the guy was 68/20/4 maniac, he had 7s6s in the hand and my hand was no good