PDA

View Full Version : PT being laggy

silkyslim
06-25-2005, 03:28 PM
My PT stops colecting data after like 20 hands and puts my CPU usage to 100%. I haven't been able to compact my poker database ever. Whats up with this?

smoore
06-25-2005, 06:22 PM
This happened to me when I first used PT. I ended up just making a new database and never had the problem again. I theorize that not being able to compact it is screwing you up.

silkyslim
06-26-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. The most likely reason is that you have a large number of processed hand history files still in your hand history folder. You need to move or delete these files so that Poker Tracker does not try to keep reading them only to find all the hands have already been imported. This slows things down and it keeps getting worse and worse as more files are added. Once you delete or move the files initially, you should use the "Move processed files to the following folder" option of the auto-import window going forward and Poker Tracker will move the files for you when you close the auto-import window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone baby step me through the solution??

Nomad84
06-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Go to the Auto-Import setup window (where you choose which files, time delay, etc.). For now, set the time high (20 or 30 minutes or so). Click OK. Check the box next to "Move processed files to the following folder when I close this window:" and enter this path: "C:\Program Files\Poker Tracker V2\processed hand histories" or similar. If you installed to a different path than default, adjust accordingly. PT will create this "processed hand histories" folder and move processed hand histories there. Right now, PT is trying to import your hand histories but since many files have accumulated in your hand history folder, it takes a while. In fact, it takes so long that the timer fires and it tries again before completing the first import. At this point, it gets stuck since it never completes an import. After you get everything imported and close the window to move the files, you can turn the timer back down to 3 minutes or whatever you want it to be. Hopefully this will fix it.