PDA

View Full Version : Chipotle technical question

AZK
06-25-2005, 03:20 PM
So I have a friend, he is credible, he introduced me to double meat method a few years ago, and then the 1/2 corn 1/2 tomato combo so he knows his stuff. For the last 6 months he says he has been getting the bowl at chipotle because it's more food than the burrito...his logic being as the thing moves down the line they realize there is no way we are going to close this motherfucker so they give you less for each subsequent item, whereas in the bowl they don't care. Thoughts?

Sure enough, today I decided to try it out...while there may be more food in the bowl, I didn't have that same satisfying feeling that I do from eating the burrito... comments?

mason55
06-25-2005, 03:22 PM
I tried the bowl once. It might be more ingredients but it's just not the same experience. It's not like I'm not full when I finish a burrito anyways. I'd rather have the nice, warm, soft tortilla than a few extra pieces of meat or some extra cheese.

Bradyams
06-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Like you said there may be more food, but I'd much rather have the burrito.

Phoenix1010
06-25-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried the bowl once. It might be more ingredients but it's just not the same experience. It's not like I'm not full when I finish a burrito anyways. I'd rather have the nice, warm, soft tortilla than a few extra pieces of meat or some extra cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.

Mansavage
06-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Try this sometime...get the burrito bowl with a bag of chips. You don't even need a fork, just use the chips to eat the entire bowl. This will give you the most food possible, as well as give you that great satisfaction that you are looking for.

MrOnizuka
06-25-2005, 04:33 PM
They'll give you a warm tortilla on the side with the bowl if you ask.

jakethebake
06-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Just the title alone makes this a great thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

phil_ivey_fan
06-25-2005, 05:19 PM
I tried the bowl thing once when I was on a low carb diet (double meat, extra beans instead of rice)...

but yeah, its definitely not the same experience. not better not worse, but different.

on a side note, does anyone prefer Qdoba to Chipolte?

AZK
06-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Qdoba is good, but it doesn't top chipotle. It's virtually the same thing but for some reason chipotle tastes better.

Phoenix1010
06-25-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on a side note, does anyone prefer Qdoba to Chipolte?

[/ QUOTE ]

This a huge deal here, since there's a Qdoba about a block away from a Chipotle in the center of town, and everyone takes a side and defends it fervently. Seriously, people get into big time arguments. I like them both, and I alternate often. They each have their merits.