RYL
06-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they’re here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, I’m not half the man I used to be,
There’s a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go I don’t know she wouldn’t say.
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play.
Now I need a place to hide away.

Mm mm mm mm mm.

DemonDeac
06-25-2005, 02:15 PM
i hear ya, my friend

SmileyEH
06-25-2005, 02:16 PM
word.

-SmileyEH

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 02:21 PM
People who arent seeing Paul McCartney during his upcoming US tour are, in some way, joking.

Discuss.

man
06-25-2005, 02:40 PM
honestly I have very little patience for old musicians who try to rock it like they used to. I know the nostalgia market is huge, but come on.. have some dignity. mick jagger screaming "I can't get no satisfaction" when he might not even be able to get it up is just a sad and pity-filling idea.

my sincerest sympathy, RYL, but..

consider this thread hijacked.

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mick jagger screaming "I can't get no satisfaction" when he might not even be able to get it up is just a sad and pity-filling idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Amazing.

FWIW... this will be my second time seeing Paul (first time only a few years ago), and I would say it is most defintely worth it. Despite the loss of voice, he still does put on one hell of a show.

I havent seen the stones, but I can see the old thing putting quite a damper on them. The whole young badass thing was a bigger part of the stones' image than the beatles.

FWIW... arent some of the sex pistols doing a reunion thing now?? lol.

trying2learn
06-25-2005, 02:48 PM
scrambled eggs...

original lyrics for you afficianados.

2+2 wannabe
06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mm mm mm mm mm.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok shawn_p

lol

RYL
06-25-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mm mm mm mm mm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss my mom. Why did she have to go?

Blarg
06-25-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
honestly I have very little patience for old musicians who try to rock it like they used to. I know the nostalgia market is huge, but come on.. have some dignity. mick jagger screaming "I can't get no satisfaction" when he might not even be able to get it up is just a sad and pity-filling idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tsk tsk. That would ring truer about Mick if people hadn't been saying it for 20 years. And Keith can still play fine.

A lot of music is about the strut, but even if you get creaky old hips, if the music is there, it doesn't matter. Guys like Frank Sinatra started out as teen sensations, too, and they were allowed to grow old like every other human being without having to disappear off the face of the earth.

When the voice goes bad, it's another thing. I can hear McCartney's is definitely not as good. Haven't heard Jagger's lately myself, but his voice was never beautiful anyway, so if it has decayed much, I'm not sure how much that might matter.

Anyway, I'd rather hear an old Mick Jagger than a young Brittney or almost all of your average yearly run of pop music.

Blarg
06-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Sounds like you need to refer to "Julia." That's the song on the white album that Lennon wrote about his absent mom.

man
06-25-2005, 04:41 PM
if they were making new music and whatnot, that would be all right. but I think jagger was just screaming the same [awesome] songs he had written like thirty years ago, and hasn't come up with any new stuff (has he?). to me, rock and roll is about youthful (usually sexual) energy, which is really hard to do much past 30.

it beats spears and [censored] acts like creed and theory of a dead man, but I still don't like it.

bishopstrt
06-25-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry you miss your mom. You seem lonely.

Blarg
06-25-2005, 04:48 PM
He was still coming out with stuff in the 80's and 90's. I don't know what he's been up to lately.

You know guys like that are always being pestered to do their old stuff whether they want to or not. People are so crazy for the old stuff that it's hard to do anything new.

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I miss my mom. Why did she have to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks dooder.

Sorry to hear about it.

phil_ivey_fan
06-25-2005, 05:25 PM
what ever happened to Boyz2Men? They were great for getting 6th and 7th grade girls in the mood for a hot french kiss session. girls never wanted to give up the 3rd base til 9th grade...and the ones who did usually ended up having a kid before college.

RYL
06-26-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Mm mm mm mm mm.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

touchfaith
06-26-2005, 02:53 AM
i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

ripdog
06-26-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tsk tsk. That would ring truer about Mick if people hadn't been saying it for 20 years. And Keith can still play fine.

A lot of music is about the strut, but even if you get creaky old hips, if the music is there, it doesn't matter. Guys like Frank Sinatra started out as teen sensations, too, and they were allowed to grow old like every other human being without having to disappear off the face of the earth.

When the voice goes bad, it's another thing. I can hear McCartney's is definitely not as good. Haven't heard Jagger's lately myself, but his voice was never beautiful anyway, so if it has decayed much, I'm not sure how much that might matter.

Anyway, I'd rather hear an old Mick Jagger than a young Brittney or almost all of your average yearly run of pop music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. I saw The Stones live in 1981 and they were old then! We all thought that it would be the last chance to see them, not knowing that it would be the last time we'd actually want to. The show kicked ass, but they don't know when to say when.