PDA

View Full Version : ATo - Trying to make my SH game not suck.

JoshuaD
06-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Villian was a 30/15/2 after a good number of hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

I'm probably gonna be posting up some elementary stuff for a week or two, bear with me. Thanks.

BlueBear
06-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't really like the fold. Villain is aggressive enough to make a move here, and besides the pot is big enough to justify calling this down. I have marginal outs even if my call is wrong.

JoshuaD
06-25-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like the fold. Villain is aggressive enough to make a move here, and besides the pot is big enough to justify calling this down. I have marginal outs even if my call is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do we put him on when he 3-bets preflop?

BlueBear
06-25-2005, 01:19 PM
55, 88-AA, Axs, QJs, JTs, JTs (all suited hands can be clubs or diamonds). For many players, even non-tricky ones, this is a ideal spot to automatically make a semi-bluff here.

Disclaimer: Short-handed limit is not my best game. Just my opinion here.

kurosh
06-25-2005, 01:19 PM
I think, at best, you're drawing to 2 outs. I fold.

JoshuaD
06-25-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
55, 88-AA, Axs, QJs, JTs, JTs (all suited hands can be clubs or diamonds). For many players, even non-tricky ones, this is a ideal spot to automatically make a semi-bluff here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering which hands he's likely to have preflop, after he 3-bets. If he hadn't 3-bet preflop it's much more likely that I would have called down.

BlueBear
06-25-2005, 01:22 PM
In my opinion, he could have any hands I listed. It may be my weakness but I do not give automatic credit to any player who calls a 3-bet.

JoshuaD
06-25-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: Short-handed limit is not my best game. Just my opinion here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either, I'm not saying you're wrong, it just seems to me that almost all of his hands (with exclusion of AQ or maybe AJ) have either a K in it or is already an overpair.

JoshuaD
06-25-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, he could have any hands I listed. It may be my weakness but I do not give automatic credit to any player who calls a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was the 3-bettor.

BlueBear
06-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Whoops, my bad.

The 3-bettor who bets immediately after your raise may be simply trying to isolate you preflop and again, I would not give too much credit here. Again, the range of hands I listed are the same.

sthief09
06-25-2005, 01:31 PM
why the flop raise? think about it. if button is behind he has 3 outs. he thinks he has 6 outs and will go off with AK when you hit aces up. he doesn't have odds to draw to a K. also, SB is either an idiot or he has a big hand betting into that much action, or probably he's thinking "oh [censored] I flopped top pair. I gotta bet!" so I don't see a reason to raise here. I like to call and see if button wants to raise behind me

your fold, as it stands, is easy

JoshuaD
06-25-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why the flop raise? thinka bout it. if button is behind he has 3 outs. he thinks he has 6 outs and will go off with AK when you hit aces up. he doesn't have odds to draw to a K. also, SB is either an idiot or he has a big hand betting into that much action, or probably he's thinking "oh [censored] I flopped top pair. I gotta bet!" so I don't see a reason to raise here. I like to call and see if button wants to raise behind me

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I gonna play it if the button raises behind me? Get to a showdown? Donk-bet him on the turn?

sthief09
06-25-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why the flop raise? thinka bout it. if button is behind he has 3 outs. he thinks he has 6 outs and will go off with AK when you hit aces up. he doesn't have odds to draw to a K. also, SB is either an idiot or he has a big hand betting into that much action, or probably he's thinking "oh [censored] I flopped top pair. I gotta bet!" so I don't see a reason to raise here. I like to call and see if button wants to raise behind me

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I gonna play it if the button raises behind me? Get to a showdown? Donk-bet him on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

man, that's tough. I call the turn, check-call the river, and probably don't overcall the river since he'd likely give up AK there

aK13
06-25-2005, 03:38 PM
I think this is a safe fold.