PDA

View Full Version : Rolled up Aces

jmr
06-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Should I have been more aggressive? I've noticed that the play has been increasingly tight at this level, so I decided not to raise the completed bring in. Looking back I should have probably raised again on 6th. Seat 7 ended up with Trip J's. I could have lost to a full house - should I have bet more aggessively on 3rd and 6th?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.20 SB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

5th Street - (2.60 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

6th Street - (4.60 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___raises

River - (10.60 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (12.60 BB)

beta1607
06-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Cap 6th here 100% of the time - other then that I like how you played it.

peritonlogon
06-25-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap 6th here 100% of the time - other then that I like how you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree, the only other thing you could do was raise on 3rd, but the risk of a fold is just too high.

buffbrad54
06-25-2005, 06:10 PM
I am still learning to play stud... but would a check raise on fifth be a good idea, or would you possibly give up a bet. Since he did not reraise coming in it would be possible to put him on a 3 flush. He caught his "4th flush card" on 4th street, and then he caught a club on fifth. Would it be possible to check it like you missed a flush, then raise behind his bet? Do you risk him folding right there and missing extra bets on 6th and 7th?

TheShootah
06-25-2005, 06:20 PM
If you put him on a 3 flush, and then he catches the other one on fourth. You CANNOT let him draw for free on one of the big bet streets. You will hate yourself for life when you loose with rolled up aces because you gave him a free card. I am not saying he isn't gonna call anyway, but he is a dog here if he has it and you want all the bets in that you can. Hope this helps. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome to Stud!

MrBlueNose
06-25-2005, 08:40 PM
I'd personally check-raise 5th. The bet on 4th is fine with two to the flush showing. On 5th the check would indicate you're drawing to the flush.

Of course, I'm 0-4 with rolled up aces so WTF do I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrBlueNose
06-25-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you put him on a 3 flush, and then he catches the other one on fourth. You CANNOT let him draw for free on one of the big bet streets. You will hate yourself for life when you loose with rolled up aces because you gave him a free card. I am not saying he isn't gonna call anyway, but he is a dog here if he has it and you want all the bets in that you can. Hope this helps. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome to Stud!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have it confused /images/graemlins/smile.gif He's saying that WE are the ones that look like we're on the flush draw, not him. Thus(as I just mentioned above), when we don't hit another diamond on 5th, we can check indicating the flush draw against what are at least split jacks, then raise when he bets his jacks.

Bartholow
06-25-2005, 08:50 PM
As you said, cap 6th.

I'm in the camp that would bet 5th hoping to get raised. Maybe that is optimistic for 5/10, I'm not sure about the overall aggression level there. The checkraise has merit if you think you won't get raised even by 2 pair there.

TheShootah
06-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh, well then [censored]. I check raise fifth too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif *walks shamefully out of the room...*