PDA

View Full Version : Free card raise with weak draws and overs

flair1239
06-25-2005, 12:55 PM
UTG and BB a very loose and while usually passive, know how to play their better hands. However, for the most part passive.

UTG1 is a decent player. After 54 hands he is showing up asa LA-P. 30/15/1.4. But has shown down well. Has seemed reasonable. Although probably a tad loose PF. Nothing special but, better than his stats... and probably not retarded.

Table behind me was reasonable. A couple tags and one 32% VPIP three to my left.

UB 5/10 (9-handed) Hero is MP w/K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pf: UTG limps, UTG1 limps, Hero Raises, BB calls, UTGs call

Flop: (4-Players) (8.4SB) (T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

BB checks, UTG bets, UTG1 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn: 3-players (6.9 BB) (T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB Checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

River: 3-players (6.9 BB) (T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls

DemonDeac
06-25-2005, 12:57 PM
based on ur reads that the UTG players are solid/not bad, i dont think raising KJo here is +EV. i prolly muck this hand, especially when theres still 5 to act behind me.

flair1239
06-25-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
based on ur reads that the UTG players are solid/not bad, i dont think raising KJo here is +EV. i prolly muck this hand, especially when theres still 5 to act behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

PF was on the border. But I am comfortable with this hand here. With a relatively tight field behind me, and a poor UTG limper followed by an overlimp.

If this was AJo or KQo we would not be having a discussion. I realise KJo is not as good as either of those hands, and that the situation may be marginal, but against this field I really don't think it shades that close to -EV.

DemonDeac
06-25-2005, 01:29 PM
well everything else i like, especially turn