PDA

View Full Version : A real mess with QT!

trentcroad
06-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I felt I made a real mess of this hand.
But Im not sure what else I could do here?
How should this be played?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (18.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 22.16 BB

partygirluk
06-25-2005, 12:49 PM
You should bet flop.

Say the call check to the raiser, who bets which is quite likely. If you now raise will lose lots of hands which are drawing very thin v. you. And if you call you give all sorts of hands a cheap look at the turn. I think betting out is better, hopefully you will get a few loose calls and the button will or co will raise, allowing you to 3 bet.

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should bet flop.

Say the call check to the raiser, who bets which is quite likely. If you now raise will lose lots of hands which are drawing very thin v. you. And if you call you give all sorts of hands a cheap look at the turn. I think betting out is better, hopefully you will get a few loose calls and the button will or co will raise, allowing you to 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like that, but unfortunetly most partydonks don't really lay their hand down if they already have one bet in.

OP, I think you played it pretty fine. Looks like the button has an overpair and that deuce made him a better two pair than you. I do wonder if a threebet would protect your hand at all to get it HU, but that might just be chip spewing

admiralfluff
06-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Any reads?

my default is fold preflop, and bet the flop. If you still get raised on the turn, I think it's a call down without reads.

trentcroad
06-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Reads: Button is a Fish, MP3 is a rock, CO is a LAG and MP2 is a TAG.

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now that changes everything. I think a three bet on the turn might be smart, you should be able at least get some folds from some of the other players

edit: nevermind, it was the rock raising with the extra duece on the board, which now has me very confused, why would a rock play even 22, or A2, and even the rockiest of rocks would raise KK or AA PF, and I'm pretty sure a rock would raise TT PF there too. I'm confused, maybe three bet. argh, someone help me out

admiralfluff
06-25-2005, 01:31 PM
might not raise TT, may play 22 or A2s. I think the most likely hand from the "rock" is AQ. With more specific reads, stats maybe, a turn 3 bet might be pretty good. Am I the only one who folds this preflop?

edit: also- what the hell does a TAG MP2 have? openlimps pre, cc2 on flop and calls down a "rock" turn raiser?

LinusKS
06-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Looks fine to me.

The only question I have is calling in preflop.

With several callers, I'm worried the button has a hand that dominates me. Fish are particularly unlikely to raise without a premium hand. I realize you're getting great odds, though, so I'm curious what others think.

I like c/ring the flop. You have top two pair, and you can rely on a bet on that flop from somebody.

The rest of it looks right to me.

sthief09
06-25-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

and fold preflop. the rest is ok. the river call is probably bad too considering a rock called 2 cold on the flop then bet the river when the clubs and KJ hit

chesspain
06-25-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this field, I'm definitely folding PF--especially if "fish" means "fairly loose-passive."

LinusKS
06-25-2005, 02:09 PM
You don't think top-two is good 5% of the time?

Maybe I suck, but no way I'm folding a 20+ BB pot for one bet there.