PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox fans...would you take Tom Glavine off the Mets hands??

Mike Gallo
06-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Bad enough Glavine killed the Mets when he played for the Braves. Now hes killing them as a member of the team.

The sports talk radio stations (660 am WFAN) here have speculated that the Red Sox have shown an interest towards Glavine.

Any takers...discuss

The Armchair
06-25-2005, 10:24 AM
As a Mets fan, I'll give him to you on the cheap.

BigD226
06-25-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad enough Glavine killed the Mets when he played for the Braves. Now hes killing them as a member of the team.

The sports talk radio stations (660 am WFAN) here have speculated that the Red Sox have shown an interest towards Glavine.

Any takers...discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just no, but HELL NO!

sublime
06-25-2005, 05:10 PM

The only thing I can add here is that this 'rumor' is totally baseless. Probably started due to the fact that TG is from MA.

The Sox are probably going to have to face a tough decision when Schilling comes back, and adding yet another starter to the rotation makes little sense, especially when said starter isn't an upgrade over any starter in our rotation. Not to mention he will probably reach his IP's clause kicking in a 8-10 million dollar payday for next year. I was going to say maybe the Mets would trade for him...... /images/graemlins/wink.gif