PDA

View Full Version : Probably uberstandard

Roy6
06-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Folded to me on button, I raise with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. The blinds, both very LP, call.

The flop is A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
check-check, I bet, they call

The turn is T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

check-check again, I bet again for a free showdown.

Is it OK? After being called on the flop I assume I'm behind if I'm called again on this turn.

SB shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I was behind on each and every street. Is there another way I could play this hand? Folding preflop maybe against these blinds?

Roland19
06-25-2005, 10:08 AM
I'd bet the river for value after being called on the turn. You should have no reason here to think villian has a bigger ace than you. Preflop is fine, too.

Transference
06-25-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet again for value because I likely have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Bet the river, fold to raise.

Surfbullet
06-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Bet the turn. Bet the river if they call and check to you. These are easy value bets against the players we see - sometimes he'll be calling you down with AJ, but we aren't trying to win every hand - often they'll both have 1 pair hands or drawing hands or junk.

Surf

BlueBear
06-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Yes, you <font color="black">MUST</font> bet. A bet on the turn is for value and obligatory. Many typical players get it wrong here, see monsters under the bed and fail to bet here. Do not let the 3-flush board scare you as players will frequently call you here with worse hands.