PDA

View Full Version : 75/150 SH. VEGAS. 66.

flawless_victory
06-25-2005, 09:00 AM
its late. game is 5handed. sam grizzle is button. he just got in the game and is making it quite good. hes extremely active (playing every hand)... i am sb. i have been pretty reasonable with pre starting hands and kinda hyperaggro... it has been commented on more than once. the bb is this northwest guy who is really passive. he is prob a small winner in a full 75 game, and a big loser in a short game...
sammy openraises button (top ~85%), I squeeze off 66 and immediately sling about 14 chips... dealer returns all but 9, BB says "im game" and calls, call. i bet dark.
flop 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
bb calls, sammy raises, i threebet, coldcall, fourbet, i cap, coldcall, call.
this takes about 4.2 seconds.
turn is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="red"> i check </font> , check, sammy bets, i call, BB calls.
river 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
check, check, bet... i call...
what do you guys think of my play? what do they have? should i bet turn, checkraise turn, bet river, checkraise river? should i call the turn fourbet and go for the turn checkraise in case BB has a gut shot?

Jeffage
06-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I think the turn play is horrific. If you're checking, it's with the intention of raising. But I'd prefer to just keep betting b/c you will be raised by many holdings you have crushed (JJ, QQ, KK, AA, possibly even just overs if someone is a maniac).

Jeff

Clarkmeister
06-25-2005, 02:23 PM
You've got to checkraise the turn.

flawless_victory
06-25-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(JJ, QQ, KK, AA, possibly even just overs if someone is a maniac).

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]there is no chance in a million years that someone has a big pair... there is also no chance in a million years someone is raising with overcards. you have either never played in a live higher limit game, or youve lost your mind.

Jeffage
06-25-2005, 02:48 PM
3 bets went in preflop and 5 bets went in on the flop...you're telling me no one can have an overpair to the board here? In either case, if you decide to check the turn, it should be to raise it when it comes back around. I would just keep firing though and hope to get raised so I could reraise.

Jeff

Clarkmeister
06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
There's a huge chance someone has two pair or a set though, the pot is huge, you very reasonably could still have the best hand, and you'd like all sorts of hands to fold, especially hands with an 8, because of the chance for a 4 to put a straight on board.

flawless_victory
06-25-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bets went in preflop ...
you're telling me no one can have an overpair to the board here?

[/ QUOTE ]HELL YES.

flawless_victory
06-25-2005, 07:16 PM
when the BB callcallcalls the flop i am certain he has a str draw and i give him A4s/44 as his waaay most likely hands... i guess i didnt realize he would call two more with 78s/79s but given the game conditions and what i saw from him later i am now certain he would... grizz could also have hands with a four easily, but i think his most likely hands are something like J6, K5... i didnt want to bet, get raised and shut out the action player who could only tie... when the action is on me, i considered a checkraise, but the BB still may have a four be checkraising himself... when he just overcalls, its obvious im ahead of him... he must have 78.