PDA

View Full Version : Does this count as a bad beat post?

bigredlemon
06-25-2005, 07:47 AM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (2.70 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

5th Street - (2.35 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises

6th Street - (6.35 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River - (8.35 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks

Total pot: (8.35 BB)

Results:
Total pot $16.70 | Rake $0.75

Seat 5: [6c 3c 8c Jc Ah 9d Ks] (HI: high card Ace)

Hero: [5d Kc 2c 8h As Ts 9h]

He rivered a king for AK high J kicker. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I think the whole table got a laugh out of this one. I usually give up my bring ins but i thought I could bluff him out. Anyone bet the river here? I always get my pants in a knot in these bring in defence type situations. Should I even bother at this level?

My notes on him say he's manic LAG in the steal position, and could be raising with anything

DeadMoneyOC
06-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Calling on 3rd and 4th is terrible. Even if he is a mega lag. You had nothing!!! Tight is right baby. GL

kylma
06-25-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think the whole table got a laugh out of this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the 5th street with ace high for hi, and a draw for a very weak low is kinda funny, I agree /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bigredlemon
06-25-2005, 01:19 PM
I was trying to out LAG him. That I succeeded. Winning the pot... not so much.

If I ever play the 5/10s, it looks like i'll be the poncho555 of stud8 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick_Foxx
06-25-2005, 02:03 PM
i dont dislike your play, but you simply have to bet on the river if you've gone this far... otherwise what was the point of getting involved? i've played so many hands of stud/8 where it will get heads up and one person will keep firing and the other person will keep calling, and then eventually fold to 1 bet on the river... it's definitely worth a shot if you think he missed his low, which he indicated by checking on 7th...

that's just my general philosophy, you're not really playing this hand for its own value, you're playing it as a bluff... that being the case, and given that he's catching bricks like crazy, you might as well be committed to going all the way... it's like when you play a suited hand in hold'em, you can't really fold if you flop a flush draw, because that's the whole reason you played the hand to begin with

mike