PDA

View Full Version : Action in Vegas

aceshigh
01-27-2003, 04:24 PM
I am planning a trip to Las Vegas to play low (4-8) and mid limit (upton 15-30) hold 'em in the last week of February. Need some advice if the action at Bellagio, Mirage and Orleans will be worth my trip. I might play some tournaments at Orleans while I am there too.

A couple of friends have advised that if there is not a big event in town (i.e. Superbowl etc.), the poker action in Vegas might not be all that good.

Advice would be appreciated.

snakehead
01-27-2003, 05:49 PM
at those limits, the action is always good.

sucka
01-27-2003, 10:31 PM
that's crap. i went with some friends the week before christmas and several people on here stated that it was a notoriously slow time there. Now, I could tell from the traffic alone on the way to the Mirage that it was slower than some of the other times of the year, but it didn't look 'that' bad.

The poker room at the Mirage was nearly packed all 4 days we were there. In fact, on tuesday night they didn't have a table open - 7 were being used for the $120 buy in tourney - but hell, there's like 24 tables or something in there - the place was packed.

In general, I liked the LL games there. I was playing with friends so we often sat at the same table, which was fun. It's also nice to know exactly how 2 people at the table play. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

The games were fairly predictable with a good mix of decent and horrible players. There are more than plenty of weak-tighties and usually at least one "Let's Gamble!!" types - but the general quality of the players at those limits were bad enough that the games were definitely profitable. I made about $300 playing all $3/6 in 3 days. I had one $49 losing session and the other 3 were winners. My best session I was up 22BB in a little less than 4 hours.

Trust me, the games will be good. We didn't play at the Bellagio this last time around when it was supposedly slow - but when we walked through the place was packed during the day - there were even 4 tables running in the high-limit area, although I'm not sure what they were playing.