PDA

View Full Version : 66 flops a gutshot

Bodhi
06-25-2005, 04:33 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

The SB is a little bit passive an a little bit loose; nothing sticks out about his play so far. The button is a maniac who plays 83% of his hands, postflop AF of 1.9. The play up to the turn is the most interesting.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

deepsquat
06-25-2005, 04:47 AM
Flop- you have a very good hand so a bet is standard.

Turn- Im not raising here, i just call. When the slightly passive bets out on the turn he probably has a Q

I dont raise because i want button to hang around to pay me off but mainly because im probably behind.

River- I like the C/R, it traps Sb in for an extra BB but when button 3bets i think the cap is spewing. The only hand i can put him on is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif x /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I really think that when the 3rd flush card comes that a 3bet on the river means that he isnt concerned with it. Is this guy that much of a maniac?? I suppose with SB's dead money that it isnt that bad but alot of maniacs slow down when raised on the river, is he the type that never slows down?

popeye18
06-25-2005, 04:48 AM
I think id just fold this turn with sb being passive. What hands do u think hed bet out here. River seems fine with your read on the button.

Bodhi
06-25-2005, 04:53 AM
It is extremely difficult to distinguish between the times the button has a hand and the times he's just overplaying it. In both cases he'll cap the betting.

As for the turn raise, I suppose whether the SB has a Queen is the question du jour. He might have clubs, he might have some other pair that he didn't bet on the flop, and he might have a queen. Is raising here beneficial for hand protection, or is the effort to knock out the button stupid?

Bodhi
06-25-2005, 04:55 AM
He's not that passive. We'd have to have a hell of a read to just fold here.

deepsquat
06-25-2005, 05:01 AM
I dont think you can fold the turn with an OESD. With the pot only holding 4.5BB when the action gets to hero on the turn i dont think a raise serves any purpose.

If SB was the maniac i can see how a raise could be good as hero would have a decent chance to be best and could shut the SB out of the hand and take a free SD or whatever but with the maniac waiting behind and the passive betting out i think id rather call and wait for my str8 to come in as hero's unimproved 6's wont be good as often... opinions?

popeye18
06-25-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not that passive. We'd have to have a hell of a read to just fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot isnt very big and sb betting out like that makes me think he caught a queen. i think calling would be the worst choice and raising and folding are pretty close.

popeye18
06-25-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If SB was the maniac i can see how a raise could be good as hero would have a decent chance to be best and could shut the SB out of the hand and take a free SD or whatever but with the maniac waiting behind and the passive betting out i think id rather call and wait for my str8 to come in as hero's unimproved 6's wont be good as often... opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero only has a gutshot. Raising the turn could very likely push out the button and give hero a free showdown if he doesnt catch his straight or trips.

deepsquat
06-25-2005, 05:09 AM
daaah!!!!! sorry i miss read the board as usual /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think i probably fold the turn.

oh well, disregard about 10mins worth of analysis that i did /images/graemlins/grin.gif

popeye18
06-25-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think i probably fold the turn.

oh well, disregard about 10mins worth of analysis that i did

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha i hate when i do that...especially during the hand haha. I think i might just fold this turn as well but i think we might we weak-tighties haha.

deepsquat
06-25-2005, 05:19 AM
yeah it can be costly /images/graemlins/grin.gif
in the title the OP even wrote "gutshot"

ahhh too much poker for me today