PDA

View Full Version : It's official...

Grease
06-25-2005, 04:20 AM
I'm weak tight.

PFR was weak-tight (moreso than I), others were TAGish.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, I fold??

Jake (The Snake)
06-25-2005, 04:28 AM
AQo I think should generally be considered a 3-bet hand.

The raiser is tight and in EP making it more likely he has AA-QQ or AK so I might fold.

However, with two callers between and guarenteed position I think 3-betting or maybe calling are better options here.

thirddan
06-25-2005, 04:30 AM
there should be no shame in folding AQo to an ep tight raiser, but make it suited and you should play either for a call or 3bet...

kidcolin
06-25-2005, 04:41 AM
The two extra callers don't add enough to play a dominated unsuited hand in this spot, IMO. It might be pretty close, though.
If tight player is weak post flop I might give it a shot. My standard play is folding here.

Grease
06-25-2005, 04:46 AM
If it were sweeted, I would def call and possibly pop it again.

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If it were sweeted, I would def call and possibly pop it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't really know about that one. THe more players in this hand, especially in a raised pot, make its value descrease significantly. I have really tried to get out of the habit of cold calling w/AQo. FOr me its either fold or raise, and I normally lean towards folding. If it was soooooted, well that's a different matter and popping it would be pretty smart with this many people involved in the pot.

ihardlyknowher
06-25-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm weak tight.

PFR was weak-tight (moreso than I), others were TAGish.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, I fold??

[/ QUOTE ]

If be weak-tight, you mean a good player before the flop, than you are absolutely right in this case. Easy fold.

Grease
06-25-2005, 05:00 AM
sweeted=suited

Willluck
06-25-2005, 05:01 AM
table selection...huh buddy?

Notorious G.O.B.
06-25-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

don't really know about that one. THe more players in this hand, especially in a raised pot, make its value descrease significantly. I have really tried to get out of the habit of cold calling w/AQo. FOr me its either fold or raise, and I normally lean towards folding. If it was soooooted, well that's a different matter and popping it would be pretty smart with this many people involved in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe by 'sweeted' he means suited, not sweetened. My feeling on this hand is that he's the type of player that will considerably expand his raising requirements when there's an extra LP blind, then you should probably three bet. I haven't done the math or anything, but if he raises with like KJ suited or better, and sevens or better, a three bet is probably in order. If he's only raising with AJs+, TT+, or even tighter, then it's a clear fold. With no read one way or another, I would probably fold.

Nick C
06-25-2005, 06:37 AM
This is fine (or I hope it is). I fold AQo to preflop raises a lot.

I suppose I take the gap concept further than some people though.

I know I take it further than some of my opponents.

TimM
06-25-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I take the gap concept further than some people though.

I know I take it further than some of my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

They must have some kind of reverse gap concept.

They call two bets with hands I wouldn't play for one.

SavageMiser
06-25-2005, 07:28 AM
Oh, I dunno. I do it with a clean conscience. (MP1 has been observed raising only with big pairs.) Unsuited, folding can't cost you much, if anything.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Akimka
06-25-2005, 07:57 AM
Don't worry about. In general AQ here CAN be EV+ but in real world AQ here can cause lot of mistakes while playing it so muck here can be EV+.

Mike Gallo
06-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Even with position I do not consider this a weak tight fold. Suited I might, offsuit I do not have a problem with this fold, especially against a tight early position raiser.

TripleH68
06-25-2005, 11:20 AM
I am a pretty tight raiser in EP.

If I were the raiser you could usually put me on...

AA-99,AKs,AKo,AQs,KQs if the game is tough/aggressive.

(PT is telling me I play too tight and I am working on it.)

ihardlyknowher
06-25-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suited I might.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing AQs in position in a 4 or 5 way pot that had been raised is a no brainer for me. I might even 3-bet, is that too much?

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Playing AQs in position in a 4 or 5 way pot that had been raised is a no brainer for me. I might even 3-bet, is that too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think three betting w/AQs in the scenario you describe is almost mandatory. pump that pot. I know that I make that three bet without blinking an eye