PDA

View Full Version : Another Dealer's Choice Poll

MarkGritter
06-25-2005, 03:48 AM
Earlier somebody asked about what game you prefer to pick from the HORSE selections at the Games Grid Dealer's Choice tables. But what game do you prefer to play when you're in the blinds? (That is, what are you rooting for the dealer to choose?)

MarkGritter
06-25-2005, 03:51 AM
My choice: Omaha/8. Being out of position sucks. But, it is the game where I am most likely to end up with a playable hand. Often you get to see the flop for free, and can make an intelligent decision at that point.

In a Stud or Razz game, if you have a poor starting hand, it's unlikely that 4th street is going to make it worth continuing. On the other hand, you don't have a positional disadvantage after 3rd street.

In Hold'em, you're likely to be raised by all the TAGs.

beset7
06-25-2005, 04:32 AM
Gotta be a stud game because the positional disadvantage is temporary.

timprov
06-25-2005, 09:52 AM
I agree that in the BB you want the game where you're most likely to have a playable hand, which is Omaha/8. While it's nice to not be OOP the whole hand in stud, it's not worth a small bet every round, which you're going to have to give up the vast majority of the time.

The SB is somewhat more of a question, and I think the answer probably depends on the structure. 1/3 is probably low enough to like a stud game, 2/3 you'd still want Omaha. I'm not sure about 1/2.

TheShootah
06-25-2005, 12:44 PM
I picked Omaha 8, because of the fact that there are normally more limpers, and it's often more correct to limp, so I get to see more free flops. /images/graemlins/grin.gif