PDA

View Full Version : Spew? Spew on this?

Grease
06-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Button is kinda LAGGY, while MP is kinda TA-N (only 10 hands on each). What do you think?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Nick C
06-25-2005, 02:08 AM
The free showdown out of position is kind of impressive.

Anyway, the turn checkraise does seem like a decent way to try to protect your hand. If MP2 has you beat, I don't think he'll fold. But he might dump a hand with 3-5 outs against you. And if he has a good draw, at least you're getting his money in while you're ahead of him.

I'd be worried Button wouldn't bet the turn. And, in a way, I'd also kind of be worried he would, since I have shown a lot of strength (though I guess he could put you on a hand like A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif or A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif once you check). But you had a tentative read and went with it, and your play seems all right to me.

ihardlyknowher
06-25-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button is kinda LAGGY, while MP is kinda TA-N (only 10 hands on each). What do you think?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Villains let you know YHIG on the turn. Only a weird gutshot got there on the river, why not bet?

Nick C
06-25-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, Villains let you know YHIG on the turn. Only a weird gutshot got there on the river, why not bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a river bet might be good (I'm not sure). But an OESD (QT) did hit.

ihardlyknowher
06-25-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But an OESD (QT) did hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed that. I would still bet.

Grease
06-25-2005, 03:00 AM
A TA-Nish player calling two cold after I check-raise scared me quite a bit. I figured I might be up against a timidly played 2-pair or worse. QT also made a straight. I may be weak-tight and seeing monsters, but MP2 had me worried.

Nick C
06-25-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But an OESD (QT) did hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed that. I would still bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, actually, I suspect betting is best.

Edit: For what it's worth, though, I think some players with, say, KJ might be scared enough to check after Hero does, at this point. (Hero could've beaten MP2 to a turn checkraise, for instance.) Also, there is some chance Button has gotten defeatist about his AA by now.

Still, I think I like a river bet.

The Goober
06-25-2005, 04:29 AM
My guess is that MP2 has a busted heart draw and button has something like KQ (obviously my read is biased since you showed the action after you checked the river). If I'm right, obviously you should bet the river because button will likely call one bet or check behind.

Even if my read is off, I still vote for betting the river. I don't see why button would wait until the river to raise a monster like a set of Ks or Js, since MP2 already called your CR on the turn. So, you aren't likely to be raised and you'd have to call a bet anyways, you might as well bet and not give him the chance to see a free showdown if he wants it.

Grease
06-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, TAGish player was not at all TAG, he sucked. He had 79o, and the LAGGY player had 77.

MHING.

I think it was an oddly played hand, and in retrospect, I think I should have bet the river. Thanks for the responses.