PDA

View Full Version : How much is not showing hands worth

hubt
01-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Suppose someone at a table offered you 1/2 a small bet to show down a hand in limit Hold'em every time you won a pot. Would you take it? They also add the conditions that you must do it every time, or not at all, and that you have to sit down for a reasonably long time(say 4-6 hours of playing) so they can make some use of the information they are paying for.

If you don't take the 1/2 small bet, how much would they have to offer you to show down every winner?

How much would it take for you in no-limit hold'em? 1 big bet? 2 big bets? more?

J.A.Sucker
01-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Assuming that I win 2 pots per hour on average, then I say yes. This is 20 bucks an hour in my normal game, and my earn in that is probably near 40 an hour. Plus, many of the hands I normally use are shown down anyway, so it's like icing on the cake. While a good bit of my profit comes from stealing a few smallish pots per session due to my tight image, I think that taking an extra 20 an hour is far better than whatever I steal.

I cannot comment on NL, except to say that the blinds themselves are not usually what people are after, so for 1/2 the big blind, it would be a terrible deal, unless you were to use this to your advantage so that you can bust somebody later. I'm sure that the NL experts will give a better answer.