PDA

View Full Version : pdf files will not load using Firefox browser

theRealMacoy
06-24-2005, 11:23 PM
hello everyone this will most likely be a noob question,

i switched over to mozilla firefox recently and i cannot seem to open pdf files while browsing (e.g. someone's post contains a pdf link and it will fail to load).

firefox is excellent by the way....just ran an ad/spyware cleaner and i had exactly zero in a week of surfing (instead of the usual 30-40 files to be cleaned off).

any help would be great

cheers,
the Real Macoy

RedManPlus
06-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Make sure you have latest version of Adobe Reader...
It's now version 7.0
(Older versions hang Firefox).

Of course...
Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox...
It's now 1.0.4

rm+

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

theRealMacoy
06-25-2005, 02:58 PM
thanks for the response.

yes, i have the latest versions of both.....still no joy.

cheers,
the Real Macoy

MiguelSanchez
06-25-2005, 03:30 PM
What do you mean by "fail to load"? Do you get an error message? Does Firefox hang? Does it open a new window, but nothing opens?

If you just installed Firefox, I would just do a re-install of Acrobat Reader. However, I actually prefer not to have things open inside the browser (just seems to cause more problems), so I just associate the .pdf files with AcroExch and it opens up Reader as a separate application.

theRealMacoy
06-26-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by "fail to load"? Do you get an error message? Does Firefox hang? Does it open a new window, but nothing opens?

If you just installed Firefox, I would just do a re-install of Acrobat Reader. However, I actually prefer not to have things open inside the browser (just seems to cause more problems), so I just associate the .pdf files with AcroExch and it opens up Reader as a separate application.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, thanks for the response
i re-installed Acrobat reader 7 plus the updates
i haven't had a chance to try a pdf as i am now over at my girlfriend's

how do i go about changing the pdf file association
so they open separately (when using firefox), as you described
....appreciate the help to my thick headed questions

cheers and thanks again for the help,
the Real Macoy

ps...the error message was something like..(after a seperate window opened up) error - document failed to load