PDA

View Full Version : KTs on the button

pokerstudAA
06-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Raise or limp? KTs is good. I have the button. Lots of dead money in teh pot. Table is pretty loose.

Flop: (11.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Really the best flop I could hope for. 9 flush outs +6 staight outs. All to very close to teh nuts. Cap for value, yes?

Turn: (11.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

I could bluff raise here? Seems that is commiting extra chips without the need. Dont want to get 3 bet here. And the board just paired.

River: (13.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Bueno?

KDawgCometh
06-24-2005, 10:58 PM
if you didn't cap that flop, you'd have lost all of your sklansky bucks right there. I don't mind the raise PF as your hand works well multiway, and no one raising to attack the dead money in the pot indicates weakness on the other people's parts, so you very well could have the best hand, or someone has a naked ace, to which you are still looking good with 4 people(including you) in the pot already

Paxosmotic
06-24-2005, 11:00 PM
What about a stop and go? Saves bets if you miss, probably gains you big bets when you hit, and doesn't scare the SB off so quickly. Call the 3-bet on the flop, raise on the turn and call a 3-bet, then go to war on the river.

Nick C
06-24-2005, 11:06 PM
It looks good to me.

I would not semibluff-raise the turn. CO likes his hand a lot, and I really, really doubt he's folding. I'm kind of hoping he just has QT or J9 at this point.

I'm also kind of relieved when he doesn't 3-bet the river. (I do like the river raise, though.)

mdeck
06-25-2005, 04:35 AM
I like your reasoning and actions throughout. I too, wouldn't want to raise the turn because like you said, getting 3bet would be brutal especially after the board paired, and given the previous action.

Nice hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Willluck
06-25-2005, 05:03 AM
looks pretty standard...were you going for a free river with the flop cap?