PDA

View Full Version : Funny Anecdote from my session at Texas Station

balt999
01-27-2003, 12:18 PM
I had a terrible session at Texas Station Saturday…dropping a rack in less than an hr, and ended up losing 15 BB over all (it was a 4-8 game), but I did have one anecdote that made the session enjoyable….

There was one player who was raising a lot of hand preflop…..I was sitting about 3 seats to his left….I told myself I wanted to isolate him at least once….so when he opened raised yet again, I looked down and saw J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif …and decided "What the hell!" So I 3 bet…I've been playing tight up to this point and taking a lot of bad beats....unfortunately for me….both blinds cold call!! Not the way I wanted it….I could feel my heart beating…

The flop came out rags….Checked to me…I bet….SB and orginal raiser are the only callers….Turn came another rag…..I bet again, both call….

River was another rag…..

Checked to me….I bet, knowing I needed both of them to fold to win the hand…SB, an old man looked at me and said, “Son, I have a big pair, but I think you have aces” and mucked his hand…The Original raiser, looked dissapointedly at his cards, then at me….he says, “I think my ladies aren’t good either” and mucks his cards face up to reveal he did have two Queens….

I couldn’t resist showing my hand…As I showed my powerhand of Jd9d, I said, “I did have aces….about an hr ago”

Both men, who are Texas Station regulars, looked at each other and said, “This is a war now.” It wasn’t what they said, but how they said it…..as if I killed their dog or something…. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Easy E
01-27-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm assuming the rack holds $500 in reds, right?

Hey, you MADE $380, if you want to look at it in a slightly different way.....

Dynasty
01-27-2003, 05:14 PM
A rack in this game would be $100 in $1 chips.

balt999
01-27-2003, 05:27 PM
It was a $4-$8 game A rack holds $1 chips! I lost around $120... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Easy E
01-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Still, 15 BB isn't a HUGE loss... not good, but hopefully you'll get it back.