PDA

View Full Version : NEW Spreadsheet: 2.4b w/ Daily Summary

astarck
06-24-2005, 10:14 PM
I have been working on a new page for the AleoMagus spreadsheet. I have titled it the 'Daily Summary' page. In general it takes all the SNGs you played for each day and breaks down your stats by day. I see this as a good tool for those who play continuously and like to check at the end of their day how much they won/lost.

Another feature I have added on the Daily Summary tab is the ability to enter two dates and find how many SNGs you played between these dates along with your stats for the given range.

I have no way to host this, but if anyone wants to take a look at it PM your email and I can send you a zipped version. Or, if someone would like to temporarily host this for me so everyone can post comments/suggestions/bugs I would be very greatful. And if you are feeling up to it, you could take what I have done and modify it yourself to make this page very nice. If others think this new page is good for the spreadsheet I'd like to see it added for any future updates.

trdi
06-24-2005, 10:18 PM
If you send me the file to email research (A) fmslo.net in next few minutes, I will host the file.

astarck
06-24-2005, 10:24 PM
You've got mail.

Again, for those that try out this new spreadsheet, please post comments/suggestions/fixes. All are welcome.

trdi
06-24-2005, 10:38 PM
The file is at address:
http://fmslo.net/poker/
Can't miss it, it's the only one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DonButtons
06-24-2005, 10:54 PM
exactly what I was missing, nice idea...

Phill S
06-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Is it possible to copy and paste entry data from one sheet to another in order to upgrade in spreadsheets?

Or will it just fook up due to all the background macros and stuff that are being run?

Anyway, if no one knows ill try anyway tomorrow when im back on my own comp.

Phill

astarck
06-25-2005, 12:14 PM
I believe you can just cut and paste. But if you have a lot of data, it might be easier just to re-import.

gr8vertical
06-25-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm new to these spreadsheets, I have Microsoft Excel and it opened fine. But now I'm confused as to how to get all my SNG info into it. Is there a way I can import it all from PokerTracker?

Edit: Ok, I'm a retard. I just now see the import from PT button, but for some reason I can't click it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

valejo
06-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Yes. First, make sure you are entering tourney summaries into PT for all your tournaments. Now, click on "Import from PT" on the data page. Pick a date range and go.

gr8vertical
06-25-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. First, make sure you are entering tourney summaries into PT for all your tournaments. Now, click on "Import from PT" on the data page. Pick a date range and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have all the tourney summaries in PT<, but for some reason I can't click the import button in Excel. When I double click it, it opens microsoft visual basic where I can edit the settings or something...

trdi
06-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Anytime you need upload space, just email the file to me. I am willing to host many other poker-related things, too.

Anyway I would like to ask what is the technical problem which makes recording SNGs possible only from Party Poker. At the moment I play only at Pokerstars (but still find it useful) and it would be great if the tracking would work there, too.
I remember reading somewhere (but couldn't find it with search function) that even for Party Poker it works only if you have the tournament open untill it ends. Or have I read it wrong?

astarck
06-25-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm not exactly sure how the import function works for the spreadsheet. There are many others on this forum that are MUCH more familiar with the importing. I simply took the last updated spreadsheet and added my page to it.

Sorry I can't help you with that, I guess you'll just have to hope someone who knows reads this thread.

valejo
06-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Does opening the spreadsheet give you security errors? Try enabling macros by lowering your security settings. Go to Tools > Options > Security > Macro Security and lower the settings.

Hope this helps.

Seth Money
06-26-2005, 12:17 AM
WOW!!!! Just downloaded the sheet. I am a computer person and now how to use excel and this looks great but I have no clue how to use it hahaha. That's so terrible. I have just been covering my stats on an excel sheet

astarck
06-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Thanks all for the nice words. I really wanted to make something that was really useful and would become a nice feature for the spreadsheet.

If bugs are found or you see improvements to be made, just let me know, or feel free to fix it yourself and send out an update. Others might have different angles on where the spreadsheet can grow, and that was my main goal.

trdi
06-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Well that import function should be done for PS, too. But i know you didn't do that thing.
Before someone talks about SNG Tracker - I think it doesn't import PS too - I can't get the damn thing to work. I have the newest Visual Studio Installed with newest .NET Framework, but it still wants some other .NET Framework!

gr8vertical
06-26-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does opening the spreadsheet give you security errors? Try enabling macros by lowering your security settings. Go to Tools > Options > Security > Macro Security and lower the settings.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, worked like a champ. Thank you

valejo
06-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Glad I could help. No prob.

maddog2030
06-26-2005, 11:44 AM
There are options for importing from Pokerstars, etc. under the configure tab when you go to import. Does this not actually work? It's all coming from a PT database so it shouldn't really matter what site it is.

trdi
06-26-2005, 12:46 PM
What about Recording Tournaments?
I would be satisfied with importing, too. But I believe that all summaries should be loaded. Pokerstars doesn't give one or at least I'm not aware how can I get them.

1C5
06-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Slim Pickens
06-26-2005, 01:24 PM
It looks nice. Does anybody know how to cut-and-paste and a tab into my old sheet without it leaving the reference to the old sheet. I'd love to just move this into my current sheet without having to import or move all my data.

SlimP

astarck
06-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Unfortunately I don't know if it can be done. When I was working on this page and a new spreadsheet came out I upgraded the new one and tried to simply copy the sheet over. It referenced all of the cells in my old sheet (C:/Program Files....etc). I tried using the "Paste Special" feature, then selecting formulas only, but it too copied the file path.

One idea might be to host it online and try to copy the page from there since filepaths might not be linked.

You would think Excel would have thought of this and created something to get around this. If there is, I don't know of it.

New York Jet
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
To use the spreadsheet with the new PostgreSQL version of PT, open the frmImport VBA code and make the following changes:

Replace
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>szConnString = "DSN=" &amp; szSelectedDSN &amp; ";" &amp; _
"Uid=admin"</pre><hr />
With
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>szConnString = "DSN=" &amp; szSelectedDSN &amp; ";" &amp; _
"Uid=UserName;PWD=Password"</pre><hr />
Replace UserName and Password with your PostgreSQL username and password.

New York Jet
07-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Here is how to copy and paste the daily summary in to your existing spreadsheet in 10 steps.

1. Open both your existing spreadsheet and the daily summary version.
2. In your existing spreadsheet, add a new worksheet, name it Daily Summary.
3. Select Tools, Macros, Microsoft Script Editor.
4. Expand the tree and highlight Daily Summary under the new version, then click View Code.
5. Select All (Ctrl-A) and copy (Ctrl-C).
6. Expand the tree and highlight Daily Summary under your existing spreadsheet.
7. Select All (Ctrl-A) and paste (Ctrl-V).
8. Close the Microsoft Script Editor.
9. In the new version, Daily Summary sheet, highlight cells A1 through Y368 and click the Special Paste button.
Do step 10 very carefully
10. In the existing version, Daily Summary sheet, highlight cells A1 through Y368.

astarck
07-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks for posting. I figured it could be done, just didn't know how.

fnord_too
07-11-2005, 11:20 PM
It only lists 10 of my PT databases, but not my S&amp;G database. I renamed my S&amp;G database to something in the top 10 alphabetically, but that did not work. Any suggestions?

Hood
07-12-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well that import function should be done for PS, too. But i know you didn't do that thing.
Before someone talks about SNG Tracker - I think it doesn't import PS too - I can't get the damn thing to work. I have the newest Visual Studio Installed with newest .NET Framework, but it still wants some other .NET Framework!

[/ QUOTE ]

As it says on the site, "The software runs on the .NET Framework v1.1"., not the "latest version" (I assume you installed the v2.0 beta release). You don't need visual studio. It doesn't import pokerstars HHs.

Jurollo
07-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Didn't I add this to the AleoMagus spreadsheet last summer? The daily splits/weekly splits pages? Or did that get left off the latest and greatest Aleo sheet? It's been a while since I have rocked the SNG forum.
~Justin

Slim Pickens
07-12-2005, 11:55 AM
astarck's new tab tells you how you've done today/this week/this month. Your daily/weekly/TOD splits are still in there though. I fixed 'em up good.

SlimP

TStokes
07-26-2005, 06:03 PM
My daily summary just started acting up today. It shows how many tourneys I have played but it does not show if I have made money or not. Anyone know how to fix this?

astarck
07-26-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My daily summary just started acting up today. It shows how many tourneys I have played but it does not show if I have made money or not. Anyone know how to fix this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it would only be a matter of time until this happened to someone. What is happening is I have to format each cell conditionally. So when a cell equals 0 I have it white-out. This works great for the T# but not so great for the profit because you could end up right on 0.

As far as a work around you can click on the cell and under the Format tab click on "Conditional Formatting", remove the condition about it equalling 0 and whiting out.

The permanent fix would be to link the conditional formatting for the profit column with that of the T# but I don't know if this is possible.

EDIT - You broke even on the day.

TStokes
07-26-2005, 06:25 PM
are you saying this only happens when I break even on a given day?

astarck
07-26-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you saying this only happens when I break even on a given day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Whenever the cell is 0 it is white, so if you don't play or breakeven it is gone.

TStokes
07-26-2005, 06:29 PM
alright thanks I was freaking out I thought I had screwed up something in the sheet.

astarck
07-26-2005, 06:35 PM
No problem. Did you change the formatting and was the cell 0 (I'd like to be 100% sure that that is the problem).

TStokes
07-26-2005, 06:44 PM
I asked the question right as I was starting a session so I was going to see if it changed after this. I did not get a chance to test out the changes you were asking about.

TStokes
07-26-2005, 06:47 PM
if you want though tonight I could test it out to see if what you were suggesting works

astarck
07-26-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you want though tonight I could test it out to see if what you were suggesting works

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about my workaround solution I know that works, so don't bother testing that. The only thing I would like to know is that if your profit for the day does move away from 0 that the cell is correctly showing. Just keep on playing and making money. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A_PLUS
07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Wow, I work in excel for a living, and.....awesome (openly wimpering). I have a speadsheet crush on someone /images/graemlins/blush.gif

maddog2030
09-02-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm going to bring this back from the dead because I switched to PT PostgreSQL and noticed the start times were an hour off in the spreadsheet. Here is a quick fix if anyone wants it:

Change
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>stSQLStatement.CommandText = "Select MIN(date_played), MAX(date_played)" &amp; _</pre><hr />

to
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
stSQLStatement.CommandText = "Select MIN(date_played) - INTERVAL '1 hours', MAX(date_played) - INTERVAL '1 hours'" &amp; _</pre><hr />