PDA

View Full Version : playing like an maniac occasionally pays off

bigredlemon
06-24-2005, 07:59 PM
No HH for this one but I'll make it as best as I can. This is a very VERY weak table. I see people value betting the river when all they have is what they're showing all the time, and it works because they're regularly called by people who can't beat it! This also means bluffing value goes down.

(xx)2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif brings in
some low doors fold
I call with (2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif)4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
a 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif door folds
(xx)K/images/graemlins/spade.gif calls

all A34 are live. One dead 2 and 5.

My call was more of an attempt to steal. I'm not too worried about the K calling since he seems like a donk. (He bought in for $2000 at a 2/4 table. I can't see smart compentent and winning poker players bringing their whole bankroll. He might be drunk!) I can't say for sure though since he just sat down. Maybe he's as good as chip reese.

Bring (xx)2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif __folds
Hero (2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif)4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif __bets
Donk (xx)K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif __calls

I'm hoping he limped in trying to steal the pot in last to act position. The fact that I hit a K makes it less likely for him to have kings.

Hero (2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif)4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif __bets
Donk (xx)K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif __calls

one last ditch effort to steal the pot. I don't like betting here but this is the only street where there's a real chance to fold if he has nothing, and if he does have a burried pair, I can still suck out on him on 6th. If he raises I'm definetly throwing my hand away.

Hero (2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif)4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif __bets
Donk (xx)K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif__folds

Well my walking disaster of a bluff netted me a monster hand, so I can't see checking now. He obviously folds.

Comments?

Bartholow
06-24-2005, 08:25 PM
I can't tell if this is high only or hi-lo, but I think I like your play except for probably that limp on 3rd.

bigredlemon
06-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Sorry, it is 2/4 high low. When you say limp, do you mean you rather see me fold, raise, or do you mean limping is worse than either of the two?