PDA

View Full Version : $109s - Big HU Bluff

Unarmed
06-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Villain checked behind on the river earlier when he caught his flush with a board pairing ace.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3750)
BB (t6250)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls t200, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t540</font>, BB calls t540.

Turn: (t1680) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t400</font>, I push.

Nick M
06-24-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah i like it. This is a great time to bluff i think. He can't call with a 3 and i think he would need specifically a decent king or better to make the call.

gumpzilla
06-24-2005, 07:28 PM
How do you read the minbet? Against many opponents I'm likely to interpret that as a "weak = strong" and think that he actually has the A (maybe a K) here. It's possible that he's throwing this out as a blocker, but what is he trying to avoid being moved off of, then, that he would have called with on the flop? Is he just calling your flop bet because he views it as a standard continuation and will fold to a second barrel?

I think I'd need to know more about your opponent to really gauge the play, but my instinct is that I don't really like it in this spot.

DonButtons
06-24-2005, 08:31 PM
i dont like it, and i dont like the preflop call...

lastchance
06-24-2005, 08:34 PM
It's HU with position. You're not folding a single hand HU with position.

That said, I really want a good read to make this play. Standard for me is a fold. But this play definitely should be made against the right opponent.

freemoney
06-24-2005, 08:35 PM
i disagree with never folding HU with position.

Unarmed
06-24-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
Sorry, I should have just said it outright:
Villain is weak.
Against this type of player I limp pretty much anything HU, taking breaks here and there, and stopping all together when he's short enough to push over the top PF.
Is that bad?

Anyway, on the turn I can't see how I'm not getting my money in when the second ace drops. He doesn't have one 99% of the time, but he doesn't know I don't have one, and given he's weak he likely won't be able to take the heat with anything less than a strong king. There's a good chance he raises a strong K preflop. I put him on air on a look-up call or a garbage king.

When he bets the turn for 400 he's dead. If he wants me to keep bluffing with nothing why would he bet? If it's a fake block then congratulations, here are my chips. /images/graemlins/grin.gif He just didn't seem that tricky.

He folded and said he had K4...

curtains
06-24-2005, 09:48 PM
This is one of those times I feel like bluff raising all your chips but 1k is ok. If he reraises you have no outs but your raise will make him fold just as often as an allin. Cant hurt to save 1000 or so.

Note that Im not advocating the play, just dont think that allin is necessary on this board. No one in their right mind is going to try to bluff you out if you put in all your chips but like 1k-1500. No reason not to keep a 10-20% chance to win if your opponent has a hand.

John Hurst
06-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I like it. Small bet sizes from a straight forward opponent is usually a sign of weakness. Looks like an information bet and an opportunity to attack.

DonButtons
06-25-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
Sorry, I should have just said it outright:
Villain is weak.
Against this type of player I limp pretty much anything HU, taking breaks here and there, and stopping all together when he's short enough to push over the top PF.
Is that bad?

Anyway, on the turn I can't see how I'm not getting my money in when the second ace drops. He doesn't have one 99% of the time, but he doesn't know I don't have one, and given he's weak he likely won't be able to take the heat with anything less than a strong king. There's a good chance he raises a strong K preflop. I put him on air on a look-up call or a garbage king.

When he bets the turn for 400 he's dead. If he wants me to keep bluffing with nothing why would he bet? If it's a fake block then congratulations, here are my chips. /images/graemlins/grin.gif He just didn't seem that tricky.

He folded and said he had K4...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thats different, if he sucks and folds too much, I like calling preflop and taking down most pots, but he must be horrible to fold k4 here, because every 109er hu here usually calls.