PDA

View Full Version : AQ in BB

reddred
06-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Party 2/4 (full table) very loose, calling station type table

Hero is in BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

5 limpers, then a raise from a reasonable, tight player 1 off the button (button and sb fold) Hero calls, 5 limpers call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked around to intial raiser who bets.

Hero?

Also, thoughts on 3 betting preflop out of position.
Thanks, REDDRED

/images/graemlins/spade.gif

mscags
06-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't see a real reason to three bet it preflop. You've got a good multiway hand, but you are out of position. Either way it is probably very close, but against a tight opponent I lean towards just calling. I think I checkraise the flop and go from there. If he three bets I fold the turn UI. If he calls I lead out on the turn and fold to a raise. The river I might bet if I think villian is likely to call me down with something I can beat like a smaller PP, otherwise I probably just check call the river. Also checking can induce a bluff those times when you are ahead and he tries to pick up the pot, but wouldn't have called a bet.

reddred
06-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Well, I did feel alright about calling preflop, although I would have raised if I thought I could isolate intial raiser. But the way this game had been going, there would have been a lot of folks calling my reraise, then chasing b/c pot was so big. On the flop, I hate calling, so I want to either raise or fold. If some one has a K (which I thought was likely with so many limpers), I'm way behind. I also thought is was reasonable someone was on a flush draw, who wasn't going anywhere either. And again, I'm out of position the rest of the way. Tough call.

Malachii
06-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Raise. You have mid pair and a solid five out draw if you're behind which you're getting priced into. Raise because you would like a hand like QJ or 65 to fold.

KDawgCometh
06-24-2005, 08:15 PM
I'd definetly consider three betting PF. a reasonable player could very well be raising the field with a hand that you dominate, as a reasonable player could very well do that raise w/any suited broadways, and of course AA-QQ(maybe JJ). SO we are behind only 4 of those hands

KDawgCometh
06-24-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise. You have mid pair and a solid five out draw if you're behind which you're getting priced into. Raise because you would like a hand like QJ or 65 to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus, I'd like to have the rest of the field having to call two cold to draw at anything