PDA

View Full Version : Adaptation

baggins
01-27-2003, 06:00 AM
holy 5hit this movie rules!

wow. seriously impressed. if you hated 'Being John Malkovich' don't see it. if you liked BJM, check this one out for sure.

there is seriously nothing else i can say right now other than recommending that you see it. very very good film.

imported_Chuck Weinstock
01-27-2003, 09:43 AM
I second this. My wife and I saw it this weekend and were
enthralled. A very bizarre movie, but really excellent.

A few weeks ago we were deciding between Adaptation and About Schmidt. AS was getting more buzz at the time so we went to that. Adaptation is a much better movie.

andyfox
01-27-2003, 07:31 PM
My wife and I both hated it, but everyone we know who saw it loved it. I think Chris Cooper will win the Best Supporting Actor award, he was exceptionally good. I don't care much for Cage, so two of him was twice as bad. Streep is always sensational, but the last half hour of the film was so ridiculous, I found her ridiculous in it as well.

Bill Murphy
01-28-2003, 09:40 PM
"A few weeks ago we were deciding between Adaptation and About Schmidt. AS was getting more buzz at the time so we went to that."

There is a solution to this dilemma! You can check in the paper for a theatre w/synchronized times, see one, then sneak intae they other afterward! Piece ay pish, ah dae it aw the time but.

"Adaptation is a much better movie."

I think AD is better than AS [saw AS first], but make it fairly close. I think Election was the best movie of the 90's [bar maybe Goodfellas], and I wish Alexander Payne=director/co-writer had gone full pitch black humour in AS, as well. Still, best thing The Jack's done in ages, although the two he did directed by Sean Penn were aight.

AD was great, and I'm no fan of Cage or Streep. Easily the best performance of Cage's career; I'm gonna have to redo my list and give him the statue. I also need to rent Being John Malkovich, pronto.

AS & AD made a nice doubleheader, as did Narc & 25th Hour[though I wished I'd seen the latter 25 then Narc].

baggins
01-30-2003, 04:08 AM
"but the last half hour of the film was so ridiculous,"

i think that was the point.

John Cole
01-30-2003, 09:38 AM
Bill,

I liked Election, too. Imagine that election going to the Supreme Court. A good double feature would include Election and To Die For, I think.

John

andyfox
01-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Yes, I understand, but I still found it thoroughly unenjoyable.