PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from experienced EBAYers and Paypalers

reddred
06-24-2005, 06:57 PM
A friend of mine has a connection to import, what I believe are, 'factory varient' Nike sneakers from China. He asked me to help him move them, and we began to set up accounts on EBAY. The shoes are hot, and there is a lot of interest out there for them, and a whopping profit margin. After hooking up a paypal account, and moving some shoes, I get a notice from Paypal requesting inventory information, and the $ in our account is frozen until we provide documents. Furthermore, Paypal will not authorize us to use them to accept $ on current listings until the matter is resolved.

Questions:
1) Is PayPal doing this b/c of pressure from big companies(Nike) to control the underground market?
2) Should we provide the documentation we received from our supplier in China, or just make up some BS about having acquired the shoes at some SWAP meet, and say we don't have the documentation?
3) To what extent do you think Nike monitors EBAY, and pursues those who are doing what we are doing?

Thanks in advance.....

touchfaith
06-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Let me be the first of many to say...

<font color="red"> You're an idiot. </font>

spamuell
06-24-2005, 07:13 PM
I've never had any of these kind of problems when I've previously counterfeited footwear and sold it over the internet.

Maybe some of the other people in the plethora of people on this forum who knock off designer shoes can help.

reddred
06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying this b/c you have some specific information/experiences that relate to my issue? If so, I posted this question b/c I want USEFUL INFORMATION. If you don't have any, then don't bother responding in the future. It's counter-productive.

DavidC
06-24-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying this b/c you have some specific information/experiences that relate to my issue? If so, I posted this question b/c I want USEFUL INFORMATION. If you don't have any, then don't bother responding in the future. It's counter-productive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post this in the Smuggling and Other Nefarious Acts forum.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-24-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post this in the Smuggling and Other Nefarious Acts forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Dude, forget about the money and go get a lawyer.

What is happening to OOT? I thought SIIHP was bad, but this is just plain ridiculously illegal and retarded bad.

[censored]
06-24-2005, 10:28 PM
wow that's pretty awesome.

Basically I would say you are [censored]. paypal is going to keep your seized money because while having you profit from an illegal act would be wrong it is perfectly reasonable for them to do so. I should mention 2 things #1 [censored] paypla #2 I hate paypal.

Alobar
06-24-2005, 10:37 PM
what kinda money are we talking here? My play all depends on that

AsiaKurosawa
06-25-2005, 01:06 AM
Fatwallet has a pretty active "online auctions" forum that may be of help ...

Fatwallet's online auctions forum (http://www.fatwallet.com/c/67/)