PDA

View Full Version : Fair Poker is FRAUD - don't play there

bohemian
06-24-2005, 06:21 PM
I signed up with "Fair" Poker for $25 bonus (200 raked hands).

I started to play this morning and emailed the support this afternoon to check how many raked hands I had. I got an email from them saying I had 120 raked hands. I played for two more hours (2-3 tables with many, many raked pots). I emailed them again. They replied I had 120 raked hands. WHAT THE HELL? So I called them. They STILL insisted that I had 120 raked hands. I spoke to THREE fair poker support people. They all insisted that in TWO HOURS of multitabling, I had NO raked hands. They still say I have 120 raked hands. They STILL refuse to count two hours of playing 2-3 tables.

I am outraged. They are clearly FRAUDS. DO NOT PLAY AT FAIR POKER. They will not count your hands to make sure you don't get the bonus. Sick bastards make me wanna puke.

I will keep the forum posted on any other developments.

Felix_Nietsche
06-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Perhaps they only download their hand data to their customer service reps once a day. If so, then the customer service reps do not have the latest data.

You may be jumping the gun.

playersare
06-24-2005, 08:14 PM
all I can add is that recently Fair Poker appeared to change their bonus structure to count only contributed raked hands rather than dealt raked - this always seems to be a transitional problem for poker sites.

whether or not the bonus is still viable is up to each player. another iPoker skin (CDpoker) just switched to the same structure as Noble Poker's crowns system, so that site is shot too. I'm currently in the middle of the three Partner Page groups (Playgate, Diamond Club, Prestige) and they still have the old 25%/$100/10x deal running.

bohemian
06-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Not jumping the gun at all. They counted my other hands immediately.

bohemian
06-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Well well. "Fair" poker is changing their story a bit:

With respect to the second session for which they did not originally count ANY hands, their 'support' writes:

"Hello,my name is Temeca from the support team. I am happy to inform you that from the 3:25 pm on June 24 you played 223 games since this time, and generated 46 Raked Hands and 123 Marketing Raked Hands."

WTF is THAT? 46 RAKED hands and 123 MARKETING RAKED? Is this related to the transition you mention?

playersare
06-24-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
46 RAKED hands and 123 MARKETING RAKED? Is this related to the transition you mention?

[/ QUOTE ]
very likely. I usually budget 1/3 dealt raked hands as contributed at full ring (1/2 dealt for 6-max) so those multiples sound about right. the terminology they use is obviously stupid, but at least you know the deal now.

I actually do remember doing one of the iPoker skins a while back where they released the bonus once I reached the correct number of "marketing raked" hands, meaning dealt.

actually, since they haven't formally changed their T&C yet to specify contributed raked hands, then you should argue that Marketing Raked should count towards the bonus.

bohemian
06-25-2005, 12:56 AM
I appreciate your response. I did contact them again and awaiting their reply.

bohemian
06-25-2005, 12:12 PM
After numerous emails, phone calls....etc., Fair Poker backs down:

"I'm happy to inform you that your first deposit bonus has just been credited to your account.

If you have questions or suggestions regarding Fair Poker please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.

Regarding your email, kindly be advised that you are indeed correct. you have acclimated enough raked hands to receive our first deposit bonus and this was just credited to your account.

We do apologize for the confusion as just to clarify your bonus is calculated on regular raked hands."

I'm trying to cash out now. Will keep you posted on how that goes. If I have any "questions or suggestions" I should not hesitate to contact them! LOL

dogmeat
06-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Was it really worth all the trouble of posting here, making all the emails etc? Especially for $25? Next time, relax and give the site a chance to get all their information. Many small sites don't even get back to you the same day. They are small. Give 'em a break.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

trying2learn
06-25-2005, 02:45 PM
trying to cash out?

the $25?

that sounds like an awful big waste of time...

bohemian
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I got two free books on the top of that.
For $25? No.
I did it on principle. I will not be ripped off by some idiot scammers. Moreover, I wanted to inform poker community.

bohemian
06-25-2005, 10:09 PM
$137 + two books. Not $25.

STLantny
06-25-2005, 10:13 PM
More like UNfair poker.....oooooooooo, burn.

Jordan Olsommer
06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I did it on principle. I will not be ripped off by some idiot scammers. Moreover, I wanted to inform poker community.

[/ QUOTE ]

For shame! Have you forgotten already the principle of Reverse Implied Odds? Namely, that there are some situations in which you are in the right but which would cost way too much to see through in proportion to the reward for doing so?

BACK TO SKLANSKY WITH YOU!

KidPokerX
06-26-2005, 05:28 AM
In the broader picture what is 120 hands? Who really cares? If you were a serious player why would you care so much about the 120 hands if you were normally raking hundreds of hands per session?
Just doesn't seem practical... :/

mikefairpoker
06-26-2005, 08:50 AM
bohemian lives up to his name...wild and fanciful with his claims
he lies when he says that after 2 hours of playing he hadn't increased his raked hands...i have the emails sent to him to prove he was told exactly how many he needed and how many he had played and how many he still had left to go ...
Cmon Bohemian, get a grip !!
Please find below a quote from the management of Fair Poker.."Fair Poker operates a fully licensed legitimate online poker room as an ipoker licensee.
Fair Poker (along with the most respected poker rooms in the industry) consider a raked hand to be any hand in which the player participated and paid to see the flop cards at least and in which the pot reached a minimum of $1.
We share our support facility with other licensees of the ipoker network with diferent rake structures, offers, deals etc. Fair Poker is sorry that any mention of marketing raked hands was made to any Fair Poker player as there is no such thing as a marketing raked hand in our room.
Radeks claims of fraud on your forum are outrageous. The best thing he could do right now is make a public apology on all the forums he has posted."
Can't say fairer then that Bohemian !!!

mikefairpoker
06-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Fair Poker did not back down...you raked enough hands to get your bonus
you are seriously confused !

bohemian
06-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Like all frauds, you completely backed down under pressure. First you claimed multiple times that I did NOT have enough raked hands. Then under pressure, you "magically" changed your mind.

bohemian
06-26-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bohemian lives up to his name...wild and fanciful with his claims
he lies when he says that after 2 hours of playing he hadn't increased his raked hands...i have the emails sent to him to prove he was told exactly how many he needed and how many he had played and how many he still had left to go ...
Cmon Bohemian, get a grip !!
Please find below a quote from the management of Fair Poker.."Fair Poker operates a fully licensed legitimate online poker room as an ipoker licensee.
Fair Poker (along with the most respected poker rooms in the industry) consider a raked hand to be any hand in which the player participated and paid to see the flop cards at least and in which the pot reached a minimum of $1.
We share our support facility with other licensees of the ipoker network with diferent rake structures, offers, deals etc. Fair Poker is sorry that any mention of marketing raked hands was made to any Fair Poker player as there is no such thing as a marketing raked hand in our room.
Radeks claims of fraud on your forum are outrageous. The best thing he could do right now is make a public apology on all the forums he has posted."
Can't say fairer then that Bohemian !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Readers of this thread might also find the following ITH thread helpful: ITH thread about "Fair" Poker (http://www.internettexasholdem.com/phpbb2/2-free-books-offer-at-ith-fair-poker-is-fraud-vt22430.html)

As to your post, it is as pathetic as your poker room: unreliable and false. I have numerous emails from your support (multiple support people) that prove that you have so called "marketing raked hands". For example: "Hello,my name is Temeca from the support team. I am happy to inform you that from the 3:25 pm on June 24 you played 223 games since this time, and generated 46 Raked Hands and 123 Marketing Raked Hands.". Another one from "Joshua" at Fair Poker: "I am sorry for the misunderstanding, however in your initial email you had accumulated 74 "Raked hands" and 120 "marketing raked hands" (this amount was reported to you" and at the time of your second query you had accumulated 120 "raked hands" (this amount was reported to you) and 305 "marketing raked hands"."

In other words, your current post is a comlete white lie.

You are frauds. Simple.

I requested cash-out 24 hours ago. 22 hours passed. Two more hours and you violated another policy: "Please be advised that all withdrawal requests are processed within 24 hours following the request date"

Lying and violating more policies will not restore anyone's confidence in you. People like you in this business disgust me.

mosch
06-27-2005, 01:16 AM
My, what a well-considered and rational response. I hope they send your cashout via check.

Bartman387
06-27-2005, 04:35 AM
class act

bohemian
06-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Fair Poker is now unwilling to process my withdrawal. I sent them numerous emails about it. Their promise ("Please be advised that all withdrawal requests are processed within 24 hours following the request date") turned out to be just another lie. What a bunch of crooks.

bohemian
06-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Note to Fair Poker: please note that you have been reported on another major poker forum: http://www.thepokerforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010409

This will continue until my withdrawal is processed. If you believe that poker community will allow itself to be abused, you are sadly mistaken.

"Challenge is On" as you say.

bohemian
06-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Please note that poker forum moved the topic to:
http://www.thepokerforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000658

bohemian
06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Now these crooks locked my account. When I try to log on now, I get the message:

"This account has been temporarily Locked for Security Purposes. Please contact customer support at support@fairpoker.com for further assistance. Sorry for the inconvenience."

This is just like Fair Poker. I will contact support (for the 100th time) and post response.

bb88
06-28-2005, 01:24 PM
<font color="darkgreen">I wrote them a polite letter asking about this situation, telling them that I had been thinking of playing at Fair Poker at some point, and was now wary of depositing there. After a standard response about the software, etc... being fair, I found this little beauty in my inbox.

No problem Dennis, we don't know you and if you're a good friend of Mr Bohemian, who chooses to publicly allege fraudulent activity here when absolutely no such thing has occurred, we don't want you in our poker room anyway.

Thanks and have a great day.

Well, that was nice of them....</font>

bohemian
06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
See the ITH thread for further developments.

RevAgain
06-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Get a life

bohemian
07-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Here is my final 24-hour ultimatum to Fair Poker:

I requested cashout of my deposit, winnings, and bonus multiple times. I gave you many days to process it. When you begged me, I stopped posting on forums. Your own CEO vouched to ITH site administrator (Ammbo) to process the cashout. Yet my account is still locked. Despite your promises, there is no processing happening. It is apparent that you have absolutely no intention to cash out my money.
Here is my final 24-hour ultimatum: If my deposit, winnings, and bonus ($137) is not in my Neteller account by noon, July 2nd (EST), I will resume my campaign against you. There is over 120 online forums. So far, I posted only on three of them (ITH, 2+2, and thepokerforum.com).
Here is my promise to you: I will expose you on every single forum I can find (over 120 so far) as frauds and crooks that you are. Please note that this is a REAL promise, much more solid than any of your bullshit. I will not cease until the entire poker community is informed about you. So far I exposed you to over 1500 players. If you decide to steal my deposit, my winnings and my bonus, I will make sure that this number is in five figures. Moreover, I promise to keep these postings fresh so that they stay in the consciousness of the poker community. Further, I will move towards having you black-sited as frauds on major review sites. By stealing my $137, you will purchase lot of publicity. There will be thousands, if not tens of thousands, of players who will never sign up with you, no matter what you will offer in the future.

You think this is the end of it? I haven’t even started. As you like to say: “Challenge is On!”

Enjoy your day,

Bohemian

PS “All you can eat, baby” Men the Master

bohemian
07-01-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get a life

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have mentioned that I was not inviting cretins to respond.

phish
07-01-2005, 02:57 PM
It does sound like that Fair Poker is freezing his account in retaliation for his badmouthing them. I find that very unprofessional and illegal (unfortunately laws that can't be enforced are meaningless). Even if you think the OP is a jerk, that money is still his. They should release his money, not to give in to his threats, but just because it is the right professional thing to do.
If they do not, then THEY are truly everything he says they are and worse. A business organization has to be more responsible than to act like a child: "You bad-mouthed us so we're keeping your money, so there!"

Bartman387
07-01-2005, 09:20 PM
WHen I posted "class act" I was referring to what the guy from Fair POker had posted. I think the OP is completely in the right and every correspondence from them is in no way helping their public image.

I will never play Fair POker and advise anyone I know that would be thinking of playing there to not do so.

Slacker13
07-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Your this obsessed over $25? Sounds to me that there are deeper issues lurking.

Slacker13
07-01-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We do apologize for the confusion as just to clarify your bonus is calculated on regular raked hands."

I'm trying to cash out now. Will keep you posted on how that goes. If I have any "questions or suggestions" I should not hesitate to contact them! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a fool.

bohemian
07-02-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your this obsessed over $25? Sounds to me that there are deeper issues lurking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you can't read or you're just awfully slow. Idiot either way.

bohemian
07-02-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Your" a fool? lol

You're really bright man.

youtalkfunny
07-02-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It does sound like that Fair Poker is freezing his account in retaliation...

[/ QUOTE ]

After years of posting in the offshore sportsbetting forums, I have learned that when an angry poster with a low post count comes in and tells the world how unfairly he is being treated:

99% of the time, the poster is not giving us the whole story. I learned long ago not to think for a moment that things are exactly as the disgruntled poster is portraying.

bohemian
07-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Please see the ITH thread for updates.