PDA

View Full Version : Self Loathing Hand #2

CIncyHR
06-24-2005, 04:37 PM
The second hand in my "I hate myself and the fact that I cant win" series. Again, assume no read.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

CIncyHR
06-24-2005, 04:40 PM
First question is: who folds here? IS this an easy steal attempt, or does it depend on how loose the blinds are?

When I bet the flop, and he raiases Im not putting him on a ten becuase everybody and their mother slowplays this at 1/2. So Im worried about higher pairs, and that it gets trickier to play this hand when overcards start hitting, especially an ace or king.

Does anyone 3 bet the flop or raise the turn or river? Anybody even thinknig about folding here?

balkii
06-24-2005, 04:47 PM
i would usually 3-bet the flop. your line works also if he will keep betting with a worse hand. and no i dont even consider fodling.

zokbarjazz
06-24-2005, 05:33 PM
i would probably 3bet the flop against most opponents, but as you played it i think something like Adxd will keep betting at you. i do not think about folding, especially with those turn/river cards.

you played it fine.

Fianchetto
06-24-2005, 05:52 PM
I think you played it ok, but I probably raise the turn.

JrJordan
06-24-2005, 06:00 PM
I was originally going to say 3-bet this flop because we're especially vulnerable with such a low PP, but I changed my mind and would rather throw in a turn raise. It's an easy fold if they 3-bet and it allows you to check through a scary river card such as an A. Lastly, if he's on a bluff then you get an extra .5BB by raising the turn and then get him to fold a likely 6 outer. Looks like a big +EV situation to wait til the turn.