PDA

View Full Version : Final word on the chaty collusion

stupidsucker
06-24-2005, 04:25 PM
For the most part I am satisfied. I got answers and they got warnings. I can suck up the $22 loss because it wouldnt have made a difference anyways. Had I lost that hand I would have returned with an email demanding that they each give me $11.

I was more interested in having the players be educated rather then chase them away completly. One way or the other I will end up with their money again. I may already have some /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do however think the rules are clear cut and funds should be garnished from their account, but from empires view this is bad business, and adds to internet rumors of collusion rather then helping it.

I will save this up and use it as leverage if I ever have another problem reguarding collusion.

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting us.

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We do see that the conversation between these players was indeed inappropriate. Hence we have conducted a detailed investigation on both the accounts to check for any possible team play between them.

We have looked into all the necessary aspects of their history in our card room and we would like to share with you these important facts that helped us arrive at a conclusion:

1- Both these players are coming from DIFFERENT STATES in USA.

2- This is the ONLY TOURNAMENT where they have shared tables, in their entire association with this card room.

3- We have gone through all the game records of this tournament and confirm that there is no sign of collusion involved. Also note that we have focused not only on the hands in which the player has been involved, but also all the hands in which they have been together by themselves.

However, we do agree that the table conversation that transpired between these players is inappropriate to say the least. As a result of this report and consequent investigation, we have now

1) Flagged their accounts to periodically review the activities in these accounts.
2) Issued stern warnings to both the players, informing them about possible sterner actions in case such activities are repeated in their account.

Player, we thank you for getting this to our notice, as this is in keeping with our priority of keeping up the integrity of this card room. It indeed is heartening to have players like you in this card room who care about the integrity of our games.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Karthik
Investigations Team
alerts@empirepoker.com

Date: 6/24/2005 7:00:14 PM
To: vip@empirepoker.com
Subject: Collusion

?
This is a repeat email because I didn't receive any response the first time.

Normally I let this go, but since I am in a bad mood I won't.

I would like to make use of the VIP support that is offered to me and would like to see if you really will enforce the simple rules you lay out. It was right out in the open and we just can't have people thinking it is ok.

Sorry if I am in a bad mood, poker and all is bad for your health.

Here is a copy of the HH where it took place. I shouldn't complain because I won the hand, but principle is at stake.

***** Hand History for Game 2233248722 *****
300/600 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 13241760) - Sun Jun 19 21:47:12 EDT 2005
Table Table 13872 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: St_Philip (2000)
Seat 7: Seat11 (695)
Seat 8: Jeanette29 (3205)
Seat 9: Newport2135 (2100)
Jeanette29 posts small blind (150)
Newport2135 posts big blind (300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Seat11 [ 7h, 6c ]
St_Philip folds.
Seat11 raises (695) to 695
>>Seat11 is all-In.
>>>Jeanette29: are you calling? if you're not, I will.
>>>Newport2135: no
>>>Jeanette29: positive?
>>>Seat11: thats collusion
>>>Jeanette29: that's nothing.
Seat11: thanksnow now if you call and win
Seat11: I can report you
>>>Jeanette29: go ahead not against policy
Jeanette29 calls (545)
Seat11: im good either way
Jeanette29: I don't care.
Seat11: i do
Jeanette29: I read my documentation.
Seat11: me too
Newport2135 folds.
Creating Main Pot with $1690 with Seat11
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Jd, 4h, 9s ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2s ]
Seat11: better empty your account now
** Dealing River ** : [ 2d ]
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1690 |
Board: [ Jd 4h 9s 2s 2d ]
St_Philip balance 2000, didn't bet (folded)
Seat11 balance 1690, bet 695, collected 1690, net +995 [ 7h 6c ] [ a pair of twos with seven kicker -- Jd,9s,7h,2s,2d7h(kicker card) ]
Jeanette29 balance 2510, lost 695 [ 5c 6s ] [ a pair of twos -- Jd,9s,6s,2s,2d ]
Newport2135 balance 1800, lost 300 (folded)

What disturbs me most is this person thinks that they are allowed to do this. This would have them kicked out of any B&M game. It is clearly against your regulations. I expect something to be done. I would LOVE to have my entry fee returned and both players involved to have repercussions.

TheNoodleMan
06-24-2005, 04:31 PM
They have gotten off far too easy /images/graemlins/mad.gif
Empire seems to have missed the point entirely. Who cares what state they are in? I guess it is OK to collude across state lines, but not with someone in your home state.

lastchance
06-24-2005, 04:34 PM
It's because it's not deliberate collusion, y'know what I mean? They didn't know it was collusion, and there are lot less harsh penalties for that.

treeofwisdom7
06-24-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's because it's not deliberate collusion, y'know what I mean? They didn't know it was collusion, and there are lot less harsh penalties for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

kind of what i believe.. watch out for flames

lastchance
06-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Plus, it'd be huge -EV for Party to have harsh penalties every time this comes up for first time offenses.

pooh74
06-24-2005, 04:54 PM
It's because it's not deliberate collusion, y'know what I mean? They didn't know it was collusion, and there are lot less harsh penalties for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

kind of what i believe.. watch out for flames

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what you said. You said there's nothing wrong with what they did. Whether it is premeditated collusion is, of course, a matter of debate, and it was NOT here. Stupidsucker would've conceded that right from the start...however, it does not take away from the fact that what they did was blatant "cheating".

ps...I still dont understand why all sites dont have suspended chat when there is an all-in...

TheNoodleMan
06-24-2005, 05:16 PM
I think they ought to penalize them 1 buy in each, with the $ going to the victim in the form of a bonus.