PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect on Party, Interpoker (router issue?)

Asgrow13
06-24-2005, 04:21 PM
So a few days ago I played my first MTT on partypoker and found that every 5 minutes or so, the action would freeze up for like 60 seconds, then an entire hand or two would be played out in a split second and the action would jump to me. Then last night I was playing on interpoker and the same thing was happening. Seemed like I kept getting disconnected and then after a while I would connect back to the server. I have a cable modem, so the internet connection is solid and fast, but I'm running it through a linksys router which I'm thinking could be the problem. Is there any chance that a router would cause this to happen, and if so is there anything I can do to prevent these common disconnects? Are there ports that can be opened/forwarded to make this work better? Thanks.

Andrew G. N.
06-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Are you on a wireless connection? I used to have an HP notebook that would lose the connection the way you described. Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 2 fixed the problem for me as SP2 does a better job of keeping a wireless connection. If you're not on a wireless connection, try plugging right into the modem and bypass the router. If that fixes things, check to see if your router has new firmware available. If not, try uninstalling/disabling any internet security suites you may be using. If none of that works, it could be a virus or key-logger taking up your processor cycles.