PDA

View Full Version : 11s - TT laydown short-stacked

Isura
06-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t733)
UTG (t1145)
MP (t1160)
Button (t1960)
SB (t3002)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

1 fold, CO pushes, and everyone else folds to me. I fold.

With a big stack in the SB, and > 10bb, I figured I was behind here. And, I'm not that desperate yet. Thoughts?

lastchance
06-24-2005, 04:11 PM
There's no way in hell I'm folding TT here.

TomHimself
06-24-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way in hell I'm folding TT here.

[/ QUOTE ]

RobGW
06-24-2005, 04:54 PM
If you fold this you have about half the stack of everyone else. This will make it somewhat difficult to steal. When I am stortstacked like this I am looking to gamble, not avoiding it. I think it is far more likely you are ahead here.

Isura
06-24-2005, 04:58 PM
What hand range can we put villain on? I don't think he's pushing in this spot with junk like KJ, or A8. I ran it through Eastbay's program, and it says a call is neutral EV if villain pushes with 99+,AJ+. I know ICM doesn't tell the whole story, but I don't see how this is an instacall yet. How about future folding equity? With 6BB I still should be able to steal whenever the big stack folds (he hasn't been pushing around the table). A call just didn't seem obvious to me.

lastchance
06-24-2005, 05:05 PM
If that guy's pushing 99+, AJ+, he's the tightest player EVAR.

If it's neutral EV for him to have 99+, AJ+ here, then I autocall 100% of the time. There's no way you can't have someone push 88 here. There's no way you can't have a range that includes 77 or 66. AT is an easy push there.

This is an autocall. Thinking about folding this is costing you money.

If I haven't made it clear, this is a terrible laydown unless you have some kind of insane read.

RobGW
06-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Seems like you are overestimating your stealing ability and underestimating your opponents aggressiveness (imo). I think your range is too tight.