PDA

View Full Version : Fun w/ QJo

The Dude
06-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Wynn 15-30. EP is loose and passive preflop, but actually thinks decently well postflop. Perhaps a bit weak/tight, he resembles the Mirage regulars, although not quite as bad. The button in this hand is steaming after getting good hands cracked, and is probably less likely than normal to lay down any kind of a hand.

Preflop:
Two limpers to the button who raises. The Dude calls from the SB w/ Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif BB calls, everyone calls.

Flop: (10 SBs) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, BB calls, EP calls, MP folds, Button raises. The Dude 3-bets, BB folds, EP calls, button shakes her head in frustration and calls.
Turn: (10 BBs) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, EP raises. Button slams down her chips in disgust as she calls. The Dude 3-bets, planning on folding to a 4-bet. (My read is that he'll never 4-bet AJ or JT.)

Comments?

andyfox
06-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Wouldn't EP have raised on the flop with a hand that now beats you, given that he had two opportunities to do so, or would have taken the "safe" route, ala the Mirage regulars, fearing a straight? In LA, one shouldn't fold to a 4-bet here (especially since it's a 4-bet cap in LA).

[If it's not too late, change your "MP raises" to "EP raises" on the turn.]

The Dude
06-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Although he did make a few tough folds earlier in the session, he didn't really seem to me to be the type to fear monsters. His raise is very often going to be QT or JT or something like that, but I think he could take this line with T9s or a set as well.

You're right, in LA (and against most people in this game) there's no way I'm considering folding to a 4-bet.