PDA

View Full Version : where are my holes?

sds4255
06-24-2005, 03:24 PM
ok i have been playing 1/2 limit hold em for about three months and I have lost about 50 bucks overall. Here is my problem, it seems I have really good sessions where for about 3 hours I will win around 40 bucks but when the cards dont come my way i get blinded down 20-30 bucks at a time so I ll have a good session then two bad ones? What are my problems I play good cards, and lean towards being a tight player becuase playing bad cards doesnt intrest me? Any suggestions???

toss
06-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Learn how to play better. The information you provided tells us nothing.

sds4255
06-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Do you have to have good cards in low limit hold em to win money?

pokerkai
06-24-2005, 03:34 PM
you are about to become the subject of endless ridicule my friend. grab an umbrella and prepare for the storm.

toss
06-24-2005, 03:35 PM
This question is very vague. I suggest you read Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller. You may also want to pick up Hold'em Poker by David Sklansky, Getting Started in Hold'em by Ed Miller, and Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones.

OrangeKing
06-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Playing tight is not nearly enough to be a winning player at any level. There is a lot more to the game than selecting what hands you play. You might find Ed Miller's SSHE very interesting.

krimson
06-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Perhaps you play too tight, or are not playing well post-flop.

Read books and read/post in the forums. You should be using the micro-limit forum for 1/2, the discussions there will be more focused on the basics of becoming a winning player.

thejameser
06-24-2005, 03:53 PM
get a biology book b/c this is something you should have learned a long time....oh, wait a minute, you mean in your poker game. sounds like you play too weak if you can't manage a blind steal and a bluff now and again. also if you only play "good" cards, it is kind of easy for opponents to put you on hands, eh? all i can do is echo a previous poster and say you really haven't given us enough info to critique. need stats over thousands of hands please.

shant
06-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Which hole did this post come out of?

SmileyEH
06-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Vital poker knowledge in the form of hot air is escaping through the ovalish hole in the front of your face. Do not assume that translating such air into letters and symbols ie; internet message board, will stop the escape. The only course of action is to STFU.

-SmileyEH

rmarotti
06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Best. Threadtitle. Ever.