PDA

View Full Version : Demands, threats?

10-13-2001, 07:13 PM
The Al Qaeda network has issued more threats and demands. Get used to it. We may need to bow down to the scum of the earth? I think not.

I'm plenty sick of the Arab world not backing us up. They have turned the other cheek. Have they not? You bet they have! Why? Because they believe the terrorist's are just. It say's so in the Koran!!!!!!!! That's sad. and

that is all,

dannyboy :o)

10-14-2001, 01:57 PM
Maybe the terrorists just need a little help with their critical reading skills;-)

Sadly, I see the underlying differences between Islam and the rest of the world coming more and more to the forefront as this whole thing progresses.

Whether it is Islam itself that contains major irreconcilable differences with the West, or whether it is just the interpretations of many Muslims that do, I don't know.

I do get the feeling that we are confronting a lot of ignorance and stupidity, and that always presents major problems.

One problem for the future: how does the Islamic world get caught up with the rest of the world--it seems that their religion, or at least their interpretation of their religion, would have them shun much of what we view as progress. If they stay behind the rest of the world--in part by choice, in part by conditions--the ideological rift will only grow wider.

I hope it is not so, but it may be that a major violent clash between the West and Islam is inevitable at some point in the future...and I don't mean just because of terrorists and Saddam-types. As oil supplies shrink, say perhaps 50 years from now, if they are still clinging to fundamentalist beliefs on a wide scale, I think we can expect to see major military conflicts, in part for economic reasons.

The best result could be a gradual education of the young people and an internal opening up of the Islamic world as more and more young people gain a broader education. Unfortunately, this very well might not happen on a large scale.

Fundamentalism--literal interpretation of the entire holy texts--in both Christianity and Isla--is rooted in ignorance, stupidity, and over-emotional attachments, in varying degrees. For some, the emotional/psychological attachment may be the greatest driving force, while for others it may simply be lack of a broader education.

The world faces a rough ride ahead, even if we largely overcome the terrorist problem.

Throughout history most major conflicts have arisen over only two things: money and ideology. Economic conflicts or fights over resources may to some extent be unavoidable. Fights over ideas can almost always be traced to irrationalism on the part of at least one party or sometimes both.

I hope the light of reason makes its presence better known in the world, especially in the darkest corners of the Middle East, in the next 50 years.