PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush draw all-in bet on the flop....

tjh
06-24-2005, 02:04 PM
I had 4 to the nut flush on the flop. A player who seemed decent and aggressive at the right times goes all in. I had him covered by 800 chips so a loss would be painful but not automatically devastating. He was to my left however and played decent poker so a comeback would be dificult because I would have needed to steal his blinds.

I had the turn and the river to come so I was getting 2 to 1 to complete my flush. He bet the pot so I had pot odds for about even money.

My thoughts where that if I lost this and I would lose it 2 out of three times that I would be in trouble. Winning would be nice but a gamble. So although I would call this in a ring game I folded it in a tourney.

Thoughts, opinions, criticism.

Oh it was at UB so we have twice as many chips to play with vs Party. It was hand # 61 $11 buyin.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2705)
MP1 (t2895)
MP2 (t1290)
Hero (t2550)
Button (t2205)
SB (t1745)
BB (t1610)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t350</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t600</font>, Hero calls t250.

Flop: (t1250) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1010 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2260

jcm4ccc
06-24-2005, 02:13 PM
I think the preflop raise was awful. But really, if you're not going to play this hand, why in the world did you call off 600 of your chips preflop? Hoping for 3 clubs on the flop?

If you're going to play this, just limp preflop. Much easier to play the flop that way.

11t
06-24-2005, 02:18 PM
In a ring game this is most often a call since your ace could very well be live.

About the hand though, firstly I don't mind the raise fromt he CO with a3s but I think raising to 350 (bet pot button?) is kind of a waste of 50 chips, 300 will get the job done.

When it comes to his re-raise though I think I might just let it go, the blinds are pretty high and the min-bet back at you screams monster. Calling is solid though since you are getting good odds but I think you are only drawing to your ace and I doubt you will get paid if it hits.

I fold the flop as well, but not if we are ITM.

45suited
06-24-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But really, if you're not going to play this hand, why in the world did you call off 600 of your chips preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much says it all...

tjh
06-25-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But really, if you're not going to play this hand, why in the world did you call off 600 of your chips preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much says it all...

[/ QUOTE ]
No I do not think it does.

I would have been happy with the blinds and that is what I would get 8/10's of the time with a raise that size when the BB is 100.

So A3s is an awesome stealing hand and I would steal with it again. When called or raised I did not want to give the impression that I was stealin so I called. I had him covered and had an A.

The only decision that I doubted was the fold to the all-in. In my opinion the rest of the streets I played solidly.

Preflop = steal
Call preflop raise = ?? reasonable
post flop response to push ??

--
tjh

lastchance
06-25-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When called or raised I did not want to give the impression that I was stealin so I called. I had him covered and had an A.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you're going to call if the guy goes all-in on you because you don't want to ruin your table image? No. However, I do like the call preflop because of position and pot odds.

On the flop, I don't know if I call or fold this. Pretty borderline decision I think. You've got odds, but calling (i general) is not an +EV move. That said, I like my outs enough to call this.

flyingmoose
06-25-2005, 08:17 PM
You have too many outs to fold getting 2:1, especially considering you have a workable stack (9BBs) if you miss.

Shillx
06-25-2005, 08:17 PM
How do you fold on this flop? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is about the best flop that you can hope for and the $$$ doesn't even go in. You have to give yourself at least 40% equity here and you are getting 2.23:1 from the pot. Add into the fact that you can't even go broke if you lose. When you call another 250 preflop, you have to be prepared for his all-in push on the flop. If you are going to fold when you flop a nice draw, you are essentially giving him a free T250 unless you hit a doozy (which will happen maybe 6-7% of the time). You got the flop you were looking for, so you have to go with it (or else just fold preflop).

Brad

Edit - You have more like 45%+ equity. Against 66+ and A9+ you are at exactly 45%. Against TT+/AJ+ you are at 46%. Easy call.

FlyingSumo
06-25-2005, 08:27 PM
You have to call this bet. Most often you'll see overpair, or better ace. Sometimes you will see KQs/KJs hands drawing to the same flush, and some VERY few times you will see a random holding from a donk.

JJ-KK would be my guess to his holding, or AK. Call and hope for a 12-outer to hit.

tjh
06-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys...

I was really on the fence about this one. I hate going from big stack to little stack so I am a bit "risk averse" around the bubble. I steal blinds with frequency but post flop my leak is perhaps being to cautious. Thanks especially to the last two posters who had the experience to guestimate what I might be up against.

--
tjh

Freudian
06-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Call. I think your Ace is live here (if not, your 3 definately is and getting one on the turn will give you the best hand).

Jonathan
06-26-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have too many outs to fold getting 2:1, especially considering you have a workable stack (9BBs) if you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs are you counting?
If you count all aces as clean outs, he has 12 outs. His odds
against making this hand by the river are 2.8:1 while the
pot is offering him 2.2:1

Clearcut fold.

Suerte,
Jonathan