PDA

View Full Version : Satellite bubbles middle stacked do u fold everything?

theordinaryboy
06-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Ok i've just had a terrible run of bad beats in the space of 2 hours and have found myself getting angry at them for the first time in a while. I have assesed my play and i think i may have a leak so i thought i'd check with you guys.

Essentially the situation is that you have one or two short stacks and your one place away from getting into the satellite/advancing up a step. Do u risk putting chips in case you lose or do you fold everything knowing that one of the shorties will blind out soon.

My example was

Player 1 t 900
Player 2 t7000
Player 3 t6000
Player 4 t 550
Hero t1400

$100 buy-in satellite top 4 go thru blinds = 100/200

Hero is dealt AJs UTG???? hero's move

Hero min-raised (blinds had consistently been stolen min-raising in this game) Player 3 (SB) calls Player 4 folds and is left with 350.

flop comes QJ4 2 suited SB min bets 200 hero's action?????

Hero folded and Player 3 showed KT

Player 4 went on to double up with JJ against Player 2 and Hero lost his push with AJ against player 2's J8 when Player 2 hit his gutshot on the river.

Anyway i looked back and thought that i should have folded when i had t1400 with 2 shorties and it led me to think what hands should i actually be playing at that stage???

Any thoughts appreciated
cheers

kyro
06-24-2005, 01:31 PM
You are far from desperate. Don't do this minraise crap. You are just giving away chips. I just fold this and wait for the big stacks to bust one of the smaller stacks. It'll happen soon.

deepdowntruth
06-24-2005, 07:11 PM
First of all, you are a short stack too. All it takes is for player 1 to double up. Then it's you on the outs, with player 1 waiting for you to bust while you look for something better than AJs.

Me? I'm pushing any ace, king, pair, or suited cards. Take the blinds if they fold, and if you're called, you don't get outplayed on later streets (like you did).

AJs is too good not to push here.